• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Organizing the Forum Comps

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, the SFCA didn't really work out.
Most people thought it was a good idea, but was executed poorly.
So, please use this thread to give us advise on how to make it better.
For example, should we add a mod/admin to the team?
Thanks.
I don't think there needs to be a team at all. Unless someone is offering prize money, these comps are just for fun, you don't need to add a bunch of rules or regulations. That's my take anyway.

I don't think there needs to be a team at all. Unless someone is offering prize money, these comps are just for fun, you don't need to add a bunch of rules or regulations. That's my take anyway.
I agree. Forum comps should just be for fun and practice. As this is also on a preexisting forum, creating an organization which attempts to oversee aspects of the forum doesn’t make much sense. If one wants to host competitions held under separate terms in a controlled space, that requires a new site exclusively for those competitions. On here, let‘s all just have fun freely organizing comps! It doesn’t need to be a process or ’official’—it can just be something people participate in as they please.