• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Facepalm Policy

Steyler

My other account just got banned. Any reason for this? Any reason at all? It said that i got banned for "pushing the limits. don't do it." does that mean don't ever use emoticons? I'm very unhappy about this. I see no reason I got banned. Please, someone give me an answer because I'm p1ss3d off right now.

Thanks,
Steyler

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My other account just got banned. Any reason for this? Any reason at all? It said that i got banned for "pushing the limits. don't do it." does that mean don't ever use emoticons? I'm very unhappy about this. I see no reason I got banned. Please, someone give me an answer because I'm p1ss3d off right now.

Thanks,
Steyler

Is this you?
:fp Sorry, but :fp DO NOT BAN ME I ONLY DID TWO LOL
Sorry, but I don't see the point of banning people for using emoticons. But w/e. I guess there will be about 2 less spam posts....
Well, one thing is that you were pushing it. There is no hard limit. You mocked him by posting them unnecessarily. So you were banned. The second thing is that, If you are banned DON'T MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT! Thats just ignoring the ban, and you will most likely get a longer IP ban. To some it all up: Don't be an idiot!

You used it twice when it was uncalled for. Nobody did anything stupid that deserved it but you.

Oh. I used an emoticon twice. TERRIBLY sorry. I won't do it again :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!,
Steyler

Ok now you're pissing ME off! If you're going to be ignorant, and ignore bans/ be an idoit then get ready for the IP permabanhammer! One less idiot on the forum!

Steyler

Thanks,
Steyler

Is this you?
:fp Sorry, but :fp DO NOT BAN ME I ONLY DID TWO LOL
Sorry, but I don't see the point of banning people for using emoticons. But w/e. I guess there will be about 2 less spam posts....
Well, one thing is that you were pushing it. There is no hard limit. You mocked him by posting them unnecessarily. So you were banned. The second thing is that, If you are banned DON'T MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT! Thats just ignoring the ban, and you will most likely get a longer IP ban. To some it all up: Don't be an idiot!

I got the one day ban, and a warning. I didn't make another account. I've had this one for a while now.
I was also partly screwing around with the facepalm stuff. Sorry everyone (no, really, sorry everyone) for facepalming.

Steyler

How does this ban work then? Surely, I could just make another account?

Well, they could ban you from the site entirely (from your computer), but i think that that would be overdoing it a little. But they CAN if they want to.

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2 stp typin in txt tok. so eye r gon stop tlkin liek tihs. OMG tihs is soooo hard. ok. h33r i goe. Ok. This is sorta better.

You used it twice when it was uncalled for. Nobody did anything stupid that deserved it but you.

Oh. I used an emoticon twice. TERRIBLY sorry. I won't do it again :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!,
Steyler

Compare those two posts. You're obviously just trying to seem smart.
Idiot. Also, as I stated in your Avatars thread, get off of here until your ban gets lifted.

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
Steyler.
Take your ban like a man. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen (if you can't follow the rules get off the forums, until you are ready). The moderators do a fine job and they banned you with hopes that you would return better not to be jerks.

moogra

I'd say ban evasion deserves an IP ban though, and should be a bigger problem than just spam posts. However, posts with only a facepalm emote should be marked as spam. There's usually a 10 char rule, and posts that are about 3 chars are useless.

Innocence

I find it really sad that this is even needed. If somebody came off another forum and saw the title of this thread, they would LOL so hard.

Maybe a waste of resources? There must be worse crimes than facepalming.

E

Ethan Rosen

I just saw this thread, and I have to say, as the person who first introduced the facepalm to this forum, I am very sorry. I do have to say though, I am absolutely delighted that jcuber was banned because of it, especially since he was the first, second, and probably third or fourth target, and he didn't even understand it.