• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Isaac Wappes-Blindfolded Rubik's Cube Solve-3:31.77

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice lesson Stefan and I completely agree on the fact that language is an evolving entity.

I have one question though:
If the male version refers to "doing high quality stuff and knows what he's doing" and the female version refers to "prostiture", does that imply that all female prostitutes "do high quality stuff and know what they are doing" and does it imply that there are no male prostitutes?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have no experience with the quality of prostitutes, sorry. But I don't think the quality matters, in that case it really has to do with earning money with it. There are male prostitutes, but I only ever heard of young guys, which are called "Stricher" oder "Strichjunge". Strich means something like line, and I can't explain it further. It's probably like callboy. I don't think there's a name for older male prostitues, but maybe there just aren't any?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, streaker is something different. There's a term "auf den Strich gehen" (going on the line) used for prostitutes, could be because they're at some streets standing in a line waiting for "customers", but I'm not sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Off-Topic Discussion 4
I Puzzle Video Gallery 0