• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How many of you do this?

unirox13

If you ever try to cube for tips, expect a few things.
1) There will be haters! Bring a cube you aren't super attached to. Chances are that someone or multiple someone's won't believe that you're actually solving the puzzle if you're the one scrambling. You'll wind up with someone insisting that they scramble it. Non- cubers trying to turn a puzzle with speed solver style can very easily result in a broken cube.
2) Getting a crowd will be tough. It's not like other forms of street performing that are big, flashy, and easy to see. Grabbing the attention of strangers with speed solves is not an easy thing to do.
3) Go in with your main goal being to have a little bit of fun, maybe impressing a few random folks. Who knows, you might make a new friend and spark someone's curiosity enough for them to join this awesome hobby.
4) Don't let the haters get you down! Find a busy local spot or chill bar. Make yourself visible. Stay positive and enjoy those that are enjoying your awesome skill. Do your best to stay kind to everyone and politely ignore any rude comments.

I've done this a few times, usually in a local bar when I was still drinking. I would usually end the night with a few free drinks and a broken or popped puzzle by someone else's hand. I did a 3x3 solve in a juggling act once. But I used a brand new Rubik's 3x3. Let a stranger open and mess up the puzzle the entire time I was doing the juggling routine. Then ended by doing a 3x3 solve while people were tipping and asking questions about the show. Kept eyes on me a little longer and probably ended up getting a few more bucks. Probably wouldn't do it that way again, though.

NONOGamer12

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you ever try to cube for tips, expect a few things.
1) There will be haters! Bring a cube you aren't super attached to. Chances are that someone or multiple someone's won't believe that you're actually solving the puzzle if you're the one scrambling. You'll wind up with someone insisting that they scramble it. Non- cubers trying to turn a puzzle with speed solver style can very easily result in a broken cube.
2) Getting a crowd will be tough. It's not like other forms of street performing that are big, flashy, and easy to see. Grabbing the attention of strangers with speed solves is not an easy thing to do.
3) Go in with your main goal being to have a little bit of fun, maybe impressing a few random folks. Who knows, you might make a new friend and spark someone's curiosity enough for them to join this awesome hobby.
4) Don't let the haters get you down! Find a busy local spot or chill bar. Make yourself visible. Stay positive and enjoy those that are enjoying your awesome skill. Do your best to stay kind to everyone and politely ignore any rude comments.

I've done this a few times, usually in a local bar when I was still drinking. I would usually end the night with a few free drinks and a broken or popped puzzle by someone else's hand. I did a 3x3 solve in a juggling act once. But I used a brand new Rubik's 3x3. Let a stranger open and mess up the puzzle the entire time I was doing the juggling routine. Then ended by doing a 3x3 solve while people were tipping and asking questions about the show. Kept eyes on me a little longer and probably ended up getting a few more bucks. Probably wouldn't do it that way again, though.
Thank you 😊