• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi all!

RandomPris

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi!

I'm Pris, civil engineering college student from Suriname (it's in South America). Been speed cubing for about 2 - 3 years on and off. I only solve 3x3 seriously and I used to solve 2x2 for fun. So not very often, like 5 times a year or so, but with an upcoming unofficial comp (my first) at my university I've been practicing 2x2 for like 3 days now. I've been wanting to get into 4x4 for a while now, but I don't have enough money to get one yet. Waiting until graduation. I also wanna learn how to solve OH, but I don't know how to use my hands to solve OH. Have never timed an OH solve of mine, because I really struggle to turn anything fast. It takes my about 10 seconds to just turn 3 layers, I think.

My 3x3 PB is 29.655s and 2x2 is 4.736s. I average in 3x3 between 33 to 39 seconds and in 2x2 20 to 35 seconds.

I can't believe that I haven't found this place earlier. I would be so much faster now. I am so happy to have found this online place for this community. I think more cubers on YouTube should talk about this, because I felt alone at times with my cubing. I almost quit with cubing. This comp literally came at the right time. Not only have a found more than the 2 cubers I know in my country due to the upcoming comp, but thousands more online. This is amazing. I can feel the excitement of speed solving again. Just like when I did my first speed solve. Awesome!

Oh and wish me luck. The comp will be on the 13th of April.

Any tips for getting faster in 2x2 besides learning anything other than the Varasano-Ortega method? And how to start solving OH. I even know how to solve ZZ, but if I had to solve OH in less than 5 minutes to save someone, that person would die.

FredzyW

Welcome to the forum, Pris! Good luck on the comp! I believe the Varasano-Ortega method is your main focus for improving on 2x2, and just practicing.

kubnintadni

I even know how to solve ZZ, but if I had to solve OH in less than 5 minutes to save someone, that person would die.
Look on the bright side, what if that person who would die if you couldn't sub 5-min a OH solve was Hitler?