• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello there

tyl3366

Hi! I am a 15 yo cuber who has been cubing for 8 years but just started speedcubing about a year ago. I currently try to do all WCA events (except clock) but my main events are 2x2 through 5x5 and square 1. My 2x2 average is just barely sub 3, and I currently only know CLL but want to learn EG-1 soon. For 3x3 I use CFOP and am sub 12, maybe sub 11 on a good day. For 4x4 I am barely sub 1, and for 5x5 I am sub 1:50. For square 1 I'm almost sub 20 and know about 10 csp cases but I just started learning them about a week ago. I am also trying to learn 3BLD, but I still don't know the lettering scheme very well, but I use M2 for edges and OP for corners.

Sub 10 on 3x3 seems so close but so far, hopefully I will have it within the next couple months.

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
Hi! I am a 15 yo cuber who has been cubing for 8 years but just started speedcubing about a year ago. I currently try to do all WCA events (except clock) but my main events are 2x2 through 5x5 and square 1. My 2x2 average is just barely sub 3, and I currently only know CLL but want to learn EG-1 soon. For 3x3 I use CFOP and am sub 12, maybe sub 11 on a good day. For 4x4 I am barely sub 1, and for 5x5 I am sub 1:50. For square 1 I'm almost sub 20 and know about 10 csp cases but I just started learning them about a week ago. I am also trying to learn 3BLD, but I still don't know the lettering scheme very well, but I use M2 for edges and OP for corners.

Sub 10 on 3x3 seems so close but so far, hopefully I will have it within the next couple months.
ah yes. I average 12-13 on 3x3 and haven't improved that much recently, my plan is to maybe learn some more advanced f2l cases

Waffles

If you get good times with CLL and you’re happy with your 2x2 performance, you don’t need to learn EG-1. If you decide too, I recommend using this website, and a good drilling website (I used j perms website, it worked but not very well). If you are unsatisfied with the algs they provide, try this, and this. You can gen your own algs with Cube Explorer, but that is time consuming and doesn’t always yield results.

tyl3366

Hello and welcome to the forums! I'm sub15 on 3x3 (so quite a bit slower than you), and im trying to get sub10 in only 40 days. Do you wanna race to sub10?
If you're ok with it since I'm already ahead of you I'm totally fine with that.