• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Have more statistics for SS competition results

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
SS comps have been running since over a decade. Around 150+ people participate in it every week.
I would love to have some sort of statistic where we can view how fare against others, like which events do we generally compete in, and in which do we get good results.

I would love sort of a radar chart that shows the strong events and weak events of a competitors.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I still have hopes of adding more statistics pages to the Weekly Competition; I will try to add them as I find time.

However, in the meantime, you (or anyone, for that matter) are welcome to use the database export that I have provided at:

I have not been particularly good about keeping this up to date, but I do tend to export at least once every few months, so it should still be somewhat useful. I have yet to see any evidence that it has been used very heavily, so I have not made an effort to keep it updated regularly. If I find that there are regular users of this export, I am willing to try to make a commitment to keep it up-to-date more frequently. I just put up a new export today.

With this export, it should be possible for anyone to do their own statistics or statistics tools. Knock yourself out, and please share whatever you come up with!

Please let me know if you find any issues with the database. I run some quick sanity checks after doing exports most of the time, but since the database format changes periodically, and I have a script that massages the database (to remove private information, and for the WCA version, to make the schema more similar to the WCA schema), it is possible the scripts could go out of date and need additional work. So please let me know if you see any problems.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sure sounds great. I would love to take up a personal project one day, and make some sort of statistics or personalized stat for each member who has competed. I will make sure I download the most recent SSexport of solvetime database.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can create a R script (or shiny app?!) that can take a database and show some interesting results if you want to bother with downloading R :)
Sure that sounds great, do share the github repo here, if you make some interesting stat using R programming, to display SS solve stats.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any specific numbers you are interested in? I can try playing around with it tomorrow.
The stat I am interested in, is to predict which event the user is most likely to compete in every week.

And at which time of the year, the person competes the most, and in which event.

If this feedback is given to the user via the stat, they will know which event they unconsciously practice more and at what time of the year.

I hope I have not made any confusing request here.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
idk if I have enough data for that. for the time of year, you would need to have competed for several years. If you mean for any week then I guess I can just see which events you most participated in?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
idk if I have enough data for that. for the time of year, you would need to have competed for several years. If you mean for any week then I guess I can just see which events you most participated in?
Yes the data will be at intervals of a week. So each week, which event a user, or a group of user are post likely to participate in.