• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Four by four advice needed

So, I have a 4x4 but it sucks and always locks up. The outer layers are the worst part. But not only do I have a sucky cube I also am super bad at finding pairs. I'm also kind of bad at finding PLL parody. It'll look like it's solved, so I hit the timer button, but then I see the back, and that bit's not solved. I could really use some help with this, and I would also really appreciate recommendations for better 4x4 cube that are considerably cheap.

OldSwiss

The YJ MCG is quite good and not too expensive. I would recommend this one too.

The rest will come with a lot of practicing. If you can't recognize the PLL, it's usually a parity case.
Sometimes I still fail in this case but it will get easier the more often you see the different patterns.
In the worst case you do the pll parity alg twice but this one is fast and if you are not really fast it won't make a big difference on the total time.

To make finding the pairs easier I would recommend you to use the Yau method. There you solve the white cross first, and if you do the 3-2-3 pairing after, you have to search the pairs ony in the upper layer

The YJ MCG is quite good and not too expensive. I would recommend this one too.

The rest will come with a lot of practicing. If you can't recognize the PLL, it's usually a parity case.
Sometimes I still fail in this case but it will get easier the more often you see the different patterns.
In the worst case you do the pll parity alg twice but this one is fast and if you are not really fast it won't make a big difference on the total time.

To make finding the pairs easier I would recommend you to use the Yau method. There you solve the white cross first, and if you do the 3-2-3 pairing after, you have to search the pairs ony in the upper layer
Thank you! This is all very good information. I appreciate it.