• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Edit: SOLD | blue force Meilong 12x12 (the only way to get a stickered 12x12)

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is now SOLD. I've decided to keep the post for history.

I have no more force 12x12s left, only my own one which isn't for sale.

------

a fully blue flat 12x12 (Meilong) meant for stickering, with spare parts on the side. Stickers (and transfer tape) provided too. Scroll down for the reference of how it will look with stickers.

5V6LIdj.jpg

Context:

Both existing 12x12s on the market (the pillowed Shengshou and the flat Moyu's Meilong) are released only in stickerless. The stickered version isn't coming, this is confirmed by Moyu on their Instagram and is just overall in line with the current mass-production trends.

This blue 12x12, along with other colors, is made from six stickerless ones. They've been reassembled by hand, by me, into single-colored ones. This concept is commonly called "force cube" - you sticker it, and it becomes a totally normal, solvable puzzle, but in a unique color of plastic instead of black. Additionally, in this case, this is the only way to get a 12x12 in classic stickered look.

I'm keeping yellow for myself, and the four other colors were claimed by interested people in advance. This is the last one. Once it's gone, it's gone - I wont' be making a second round.

Price:

$150 USD + shipping, which for this weight is $20 to almost anywhere in the world. Regular airmail, trackable, typically 2-2.5 weeks to US and Europe. Paypal.

This is comparable to the retail price of the base puzzle, taking into account the spare parts. And this is still cheaper than the Shengshou 12x12.

You get:

* A blue Meilong 12x12, reassembled with care. I had done similar projects before (incl. a 9x9) and knew how to approach this efficiently and without putting stress on the mechanism. None of the pieces are damaged.

Blue color is "medium blue" - it's most definitely not "light blue", but it's not the oldschool deep one, either. I think most other puzzles from Cubing Classroom have this blue. Small note for perfectionists: there is very subtle difference in coloration / shade on some pieces. Barely visible at all, even in good light (see photo above: the camera can't see it). Completely disappears from view under bright lights. Will be invisible under stickers. It was like this on all the "source" cubes that were used.

The cube itself (as a puzzle) is extremely reliable and sturdy, even surprisingly so. It's built with a multiple shells mechanism / binary approach with a smart separation of layers into shells. Movement is very smooth and light, there's very little friction and the layers don't catch on each other. Pieces don't pop or carry over; if you try to cut corners too much, the cube will just stop instead of a messy lockup. I have tried a pillowed Shengshou 12x12 in person (but I don't own one), and the Meilong is hands down the winner between them, both in "feeling" and in "behavior".

* A bag of spare parts, taken from a 7th 12x12. A full "extra side", for any imaginable emergency.

* A cube stand of matching blue color.

* Original box (slightly beaten up, but still quite presentable if it matters).

* Reliable packaging with multiple layers of soft packing material.

Stickers:

I'm making a bulk order of stickers from a tried and tested provider (a US-based cubing store) in a couple days from now. There are three options:

* If you reach out to me asap before that, then I can arrange that your stickers are shipped directly to you from them, so that they arrive fast - probably even before the cube itself. You also get to choose exact shades.
* If you reach out to me later, after I've made the order of stickers, then we'll have to wait for the stickers to arrive to me, and I'll re-send yours to you immediately. There will be three options for the blue side (light blue, dark blue, and black) and an extra pink option for red (imo pink-on-blue looks better than red-on-blue - you decide). Other colors will be "bright".
* If you have access to a plotter and vinyl sheets, then I can just send you the template if you want to do it yourself. This offer stands until I order the stickers.

The stickers are tailored to fit the cube precisely, and can be used with transfer tape / application tape. This method is very reliable and time-efficient for big cubes. The sheet also has some extra stickers of each shape type (center, edge, corner) - just in case. Also two different types of corner stickers, with different rounding (just a styling preference if you want).

I fully expect the price of stickers to be under $10.

Other blue puzzles:

I also have these ones that I'd like to sell. Any one of them will fit into a parcel with the 12x12 at zero extra shipping cost (it's based on weight with cutoffs). The master pyraminx + redi barrel will fit together, and maybe redi barrel + megaminx (barely), but not megaminx + master pyraminx.

[imgpix width=640]
* Moyu Redi Barrel, same exact blue - $6 (no stickers - solve by shape; more of a novelty item)

* Qiyi Master Pyraminx, deep blue - $15 (already stickered, never used + extra blue stickers on the side)

* Qiyi Galaxy V2 M Concave megaminx, magnetic, highly competitive, light blue, with spare parts included - $30 + $5 for stickers if you need them (note: selling the unstickered version; the stickered one in the photo is my own and included for reference of stickered look)

* Not pictured here: 3 other colors of the same megaminx: yellow, light yellow / cream, and pink - also $30 each (I'll put up a separate updated post about those a bit later)

Reference of stickered look for various blue puzzles. Expect the 12x12 to look very close to the 6x6 and octahedron here:

[imgpix width=640] .

Last edited: