• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Apps for Smart Phones

tarpshack

WCA
2010ENGL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I sent him an email last night, please let me know what you think of these suggestions.

Very good suggestions. Definitely want WCA official length scrambles. This is probably a simple but very necessary change. Replacing the timer help message is also a great idea. I'd rather not have to leave the timing screen to see my current average.

I like the graphics. I think the user interface is simple and nice. I like that it keeps track of all of your times and shows averages and lifetime bests. I also like that the times can be exported to a .csv file.

I also like to see others using Android. :)

tarpshack

WCA
2010ENGL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just an update to the SpeedCubeTimer app on Android:

The developer released an update and it looks like they took a lot of your suggestions, ChrisBird.

• They removed the permutations per puzzle and replaced it with a world record avg.
  • On the timing screen, they added some avg information instead of just the text that explained how to start/stop the timer.
  • They also increased the scramble lengths
However, they did keep the Super Square-1. :D

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Chris, don't just think of yourself as a developer, but as the #1 target user, "user zero." What unmet need do you wish was met by software that doesn't currently exist? By selecting and developing a project in this way, you know first hand whether it's good or sucks, without checking with others or requiring their sanction. And you're not an alien...if you have a need, so do lots of other users. Asking everyone else what to develop, well...you might as well develop non-cubing software because you're not really thinking about user zero. Just my thoughts...take em or leave em...