• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

AnimCubeJS - an animated web cube

bcube

It appears that the comments show up on the top-left of the animation window after the algorithm has finished being executed.

You can show and hide text comments anywhere you like in the move sequence. Example

And am I wrong in that it doesn't support contiguous inner layer block turns of any kind?

For a 4x4x4, you can do m. Example
If there is enough interest, we might think about supporting other inner layer block turns in the future. You could also use the s modifier (followed by a cube rotation). Example

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can show and hide text comments anywhere you like in the move sequence. Example
Oh, so put the comment before the sequence. Got it!

If there is enough interest, we might think about supporting other inner layer block turns in the future.
Well, if people want to look to this applet as an authority on SiGN (learn from it), then those types of moves should be implemented sooner or later.

BTW, I just made this post on Reddit which shows off this applet. (You of all people knows exactly what it means!)

bcube

Well, if people want to look to this applet as an authority on SiGN (learn from it), then those types of moves should be implemented sooner or later.

That´s why the documentation currently says "The supported notation is loosely based on the Simple General Notation". :p

Last edited:

bcube

Is there an option for old WCA notation, where lowercase letters = inner slices?

Just to be clear, are you requesting displaing lowercase letters for inner slices (but actually declaring uppercase letters)? Or are you requesting displaing lowercase letters and actually declaring lowercase letters for inner slices?

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just to be clear, are you requesting displaing lowercase letters for inner slices (but actually declaring uppercase letters)? Or are you requesting displaing lowercase letters and actually declaring lowercase letters for inner slices?
Both. It should function the same way Twizzle does. Input the algorithm in SiGN notation, display the alg being executed in SiGN notation.

(But of course, do this with Old WCA notation instead.)

I have had to display the alg in WCA on the wiki and it be executed in SiGN because I had no choice to do both. (Is that where you're confused about what I want?)

bcube

OK, so you want the second option (as expected). Yesterday I actually came up with the first option only (you would declare move=2U, the simulator would simulate and display u in the old WCA notation). But you want to declare move=u, and simulate & display u in the old WCA notation. Got it.

It has nothing to do with your experiments :)

bcube

Furthermore, Twizzle counts moves the same way that I do. (The half turn, quarter turn, and slice turn metrics of animcubejs do not.)

In my tests, I have been obtaining the same move count in SiGN for Twizzle and ACJS (for their common moves) in e and s metrics.

3x3x3: x x2 R R2 M M2 r r2 - 8e 12q 8h 6s for both simulators
4x4x4: x x2 R R2 2R 2R2 r r2 m m2 - ACJS: 10e 18q 12h 8s, Twizzle: 10e 12 8s
5x5x5: x x2 R R2 2R 2R2 M M2 r r2 - ACJS: 10e 18q 12h 8s, Twizzle: 10e 12 8s
6x6x6: x x2 R R2 2R 2R2 3R 3R2 r r2 3r 3r2 - ACJS: 12e 21q 14h 10s, Twizzle: 12e 15 10s
7x7x7: x x2 R R2 2R 2R2 3R 3R2 M M2 r r2 3r 3r2 - ACJS: 14e 27q 18h 12s, Twizzle: 14e 18 12s

Haven´t figured out yet how the middle move count for Twizzle is calculated and why 1 metric is missing.

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haven´t figured out yet how the middle move count for Twizzle is calculated and why 1 metric is missing.
Well, although I mentioned this earlier, it's not that important. I have already manually counted the moves of all of the algorithms. So they already can see the move count from the wiki page before seeing the animation.

I am sure you all have better things to do with your time!