• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Square-1 BLD

I did it twice, one DNF and one succesfull one.
But its just nasty, because i had problems with the movement:fp
You have to practise the algs that you want to use for blindfolded solving so long, so you can do them really absolutely perfectly. Doing the square 1 blindfolded isnt really that hard. I would say, that a 4x4x4 BLD is harder, am i right???

Greetings, Dennis:)

You have to practise the algs that you want to use for blindfolded solving so long, so you can do them really absolutely perfectly. Doing the square 1 blindfolded isnt really that hard. I would say, that a 4x4x4 BLD is harder, am i right???

I'd say cubeshape is harder than centers. :p

I'd say cubeshape is harder than centers. :p

:D:DAbsolutely, but when you are used to it, it becomes more and more easy. And i also meant, that you have to memorize much more on the 4x4x4, the Square 1, as i remember, is even less than a 3x3x3, i mean to memorize.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Garh.

It's just speed BLD, aka trace then entire solve.
Or at least trace the cube shape, and then do like an old pochmann style solve.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Garh.

It's just speed BLD, aka trace then entire solve.
Or at least trace the cube shape, and then do like an old pochmann style solve.

Thanks, joey. I appreciate the additional incentive to work on changing that. I think I'll go work a little on it right now.

Edit: It took me another year, but I finally got around to it. My method is here:
http://skarrie.se/square1blind/

I can sub-10 square-1 BLD consistently now with this method. Sub-5 should be very easy to get to.

Last edited: