Swedish cubers are older on average compared to the rest of the world, at least 1:10 of the Swedes that have competed are 40 years or older. Of course, most Swedish cubers are youngsters, just like in the rest of the world.
Most notable Swedes in speedcubing:
- Lars Petrus ... A living legend.
- Gunnar Krig ... Cubing skills, several world records.
- Simon Westlund ... Cubing skills.
- Anders Larsson ... WCA delegate, 'Most countries' record holder (22 in August 2010).
- Kenneth Gustavsson ... Method developing, community activity.
- Rune Wesström ... Probably the only person in the world aged 80 or more that can solve a cube in less than 60 seconds (almost sub 40 even).
- Daniel Wallin
- David Wesley
- Kåre Krig
- Oskar Åsbrink
- Henrik Bui
SveKub, the Swedish community
- Main article: SveKub
Starting around 2004, Sweden has had an 'official' Swedish organisation known as SveKub, although it later became a network of Swedish cubers. Currently SveKub is described as "a website to organize, inform and increase interest in the events of the Rubik's Cube."