Obli Method is a speedsolving 4x4 method created by Alex Yang (Silver). It is a Yau and Hoya variant of Petrus.
There are many different kinds of style to his method.
- 1. Build a 3x3 Block
A. 3-centers first
- 1a. Solve 3 centers that are adjacent to each other. (Red, White, and Green for example)
- 2a. Create and solve the edges for those centers, creating a 3x3 block. ^(red-green edge, red-white edge, and green-white edge for example)
B. Virus Style
- 1b. Solve 2 centers adjacent to each other and an edge with it. (Red & White center plus red-white edge for example)
- 2b. Solve another adjacent center and 2 edges, making a 3x3 block.
- 2. Build a 3x3x4 Block
- 3. Solve remaining cross edge and last two centers
A. Yau Style
- 1a. Solve the last two centers
- 2a. Solve the last cross edge
B. Hoya Style
- 1a. Solve the last cross edge and preserve
- 2a. Solve the last two centers as well as solving the last cross edge
- 4. Edge Pairing
- 5. Solve like a 3x3 with Cross and 2 F2L Pairs solved
- Could take Fewer Moves
- Transitioning Edge Pairing to 3x3 Solving
- Very Hard Lookahead to Blockbuild