Method Development Competition January 2021
Method Development Competition January 2021 is the second of the Method Development Competition online events. In this competition four teams competed to create the fastest 3x3 speedsolving method. There were four categories in the poll - Best Overall Method for Speedsolving, Most Original Method, Best Method for FMC, and Most Potential for Variants and Extensions. EBBP was voted by the community as the winner of the competition.
The steps for each method on this page are described using NBRS block notation.
Squall (Overall competition winner and winner of Best for FMC)
Team: Mehta Knights
Team Members: Trangium and Cs T.
- Orient all edges and solve the square at dbL
- Solve the dFL corner edge pair
- DFM and DBM edges
- dBR pair
- dFR pair
- U layer corners
- Permute the last five edges
Team Members: RedManPat, Scollier, WarriorCatCuber
- Solve the dbl 2x2x2
- Orient all remaining edges while solving the DR edge
- Solve the square at dFr
- DBR corner
- Solve the DFL corner while orienting the last layer corners
- Permute the last layer corners while inserting the BR edge
- Permute the remaining five edges
Team: Random Team Name
Team Members: pace, Er4g0n17, Abendregen, carcass
- Solve the bottom layer without the DFR corner
- Solve three E layer edges while orienting all remaining edges
- Orient the last five corners
- Permute the remaining five corners and four edges. This step is commonly known as TTLL.
ECP (Winner of Most Original Method and also Most Potential for Variants and Extensions)
Team Members: Blobinati Central, 0r1, SpaceIKEA, cruzzader
- Orient all edges and build a face on the D layer
- Orient the U layer corners while moving the E layer edges into the E layer. The E layer edges don't necessarily have to be correctly permuted.
- Permute all corners while correcting any edge parity in the U and D layers
- Permute the U and D layer edges in a single algorithm
- Permute the E slice edges