From Speedsolving.com Wiki
Daisy is a beginner's Cross technique that can be learned as an introduction to the Layer by layer method. Note this has become increasingly unrecommended due to color neutrality becoming a more prominent technique.
- Hold the cube with the white face downwards and the yellow face upwards.
- Move each white edge piece until all 4 are facing up around the central yellow piece in the top layer.
- Note: it is this formation (yellow center, white "petals") that gives this technique its name.
- Rotate the top layer so the side of a white edge piece is adjacent its center color piece.
- Complete a half-turn (180 degrees) of the white edge to place it in the bottom layer.
- Repeat the last 2 steps for all 4 white edge pieces and you will have formed a correctly positioned white cross on the bottom layer.