Ernie Pulchny is an American speedcuber from Parlin, New Jersey. He is best known for setting the Master Magic world records in 2011 (he currently holds both records), and for his epic reactions. Ernie is the 2011 Master Magic US Champion and 2012 Magic US Champion.
At his first competition (Safe Haven 2010), Ernie set the Master Magic NAR average at 2.43. Later that same year, he set the NAR single at Princeton Fall 2010 and further improved both NARs. In 2011, Ernie set the average and single world records. He currently holds both records.
Since US Nationals 2011, Ernie has pursued Team Master Magic with 2011 Magic US Champion Casey Dech and Zach Goldman. He and Zach currently hold the UWR single at 2.78. See the video linked below.
From early 2010 to mid-2011, Ernie used a Rubik's Master Magic bought from Rubikfans shop on eBay. He would later use a LingAo Master Magic to set the WR average, which has since became one of the most popular and recommended Master Magic brands because of it. As of June 2012, Ernie is currently using a Ghost Hand Master Magic.
Some of Ernie's early YouTube videos were best known for his epic reactions. After setting the Master Magic average WR, he repeatedly yells, "I already made history people!", embarrassing his judge. See the video linked below.
- Ernie uses a pink GuHong as his main 3x3.
- At Newark Head to Head 2012, Ernie lost his black LingAo Magic. He found out it was missing after coming home from the competition. Ironically, he was given a red LingAo Magic for free at the same competition.
- Speedsolving.com: Ernie Pulchny's Speedsolving.com profile
- Speedsolving.com: 2.78 Team Master Magic UWR (Ernie Pulchny and Zach Goldman)
- Speedsolving.com: 2.16 NAR average Captain's Cove 2011
- Speedsolving.com: Master Magic: 1.75 WR average (US Nationals 2011)