• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Zhanchi Terrible

angham

WCA
2012HAMI01
I recently purchased a Dayan Zhanchi, but it's absolutely awful. Before you say anything I have lubed with diff oil. It feels incredibly loose, so much so that the corners rattle constantly, even with absolutely rock hard tensions. Furthermore, the sound it makes when turning is low and scratchy, kind of like the sound a wittwo makes, not the usual high pitched click of other zhanchis ive been on. Before you say break it in, my freinds zhanchi was absolutely amazing as soon as diff oil was applied(the same diff oil i used), which wasn't broken in at all.

Any help would be much appreciated, eg. if I need to send it back

chrissyD

WCA
2009DICK02
YouTube
chrissdkn
If you take the whole thing apart and put some diff oil on the screws it will remove the scratchy noise. lube the core as well and don't use too much, a tiny tiny drop is enough.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Disassemble it. Unscrew the core. Lubricate the screws, washers, and centre pieces. Screw each screw in so that you can only just see one notch of the screw thread. Assemble. Tighten evenly. Disassemble one face at a time, lubricate, and assemble.

It's worth taking the time to prepare any cube.

Tim.

samchoochiu

WCA
2010CHIU01
YouTube
samchoochiu
always try to get cubes in DIY kits.
I have always had better instant results with diy kits.
u may say you dont have the time but dont BS urself, u will find the time to assemble it.
(instead of the AV core try to swap it with a core that is similar to a dayan core, for a true zanchi cube)
A1 core, c4y etc..