• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZBLS or ZBLL

rubiknewbie

If you know full OLL/PLL, VHF2L, and COLL, which is more beneficial to learn? ZBF2L or ZBLL?

Not necessarily for 1LLL but other aspects of speedcubing 3x3x3. For example, I realise ZBF2L has some algorithms for solving F2L slots that I don't know before.

What is better to learn?

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you know full OLL/PLL, VHF2L, and COLL, which is more beneficial to learn? ZBF2L or ZBLL?

Not necessarily for 1LLL but other aspects of speedcubing 3x3x3. For example, I realise ZBF2L has some algorithms for solving F2L slots that I don't know before.

What is better to learn?

lol "some"

rubiknewbie

I am thinking if it is worth it to learn for OH where I can afford more delay.

Currently I try VHF2L + COLL for OH so thinking of the potential next step though I may not do it if it is not worth the effort.

How about some hybrid?

Like:
1. Only use ZBLL if COLL case of T, L, U, H comes out.
2. VHF2L + ZBLL
3. ZBF2L + COLL

I am also thinking knowledge of the algorithms might be useful somewhere.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

What is better to learn?

lol "some"

AHAHAHahAHA, >some

They're both a huge pain in the ass. >.>
ZBLL>ZBF2L.

If you're lazy, I would just recommend learning the H subset with all corners permuted.
That set is beautifully symmetric, and you barely need new algs, if you know how it works.

I am also thinking knowledge of the algorithms might be useful somewhere.

Yeah, it's useful for FMC.
You can sometimes solve the last slot+LL in one alg.

Last edited:

rubiknewbie

Ok I'll try out the easiest H set and see if it is too difficult and whether it is fun to do.