• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZBLL Colour Neutrality?

Bl4nk5

I have started learning ZBLL few days ago. But, then I realised that I can't be Colour Neutral for it. I have been Colour Neutral since the start, and now I am thinking if it is worth learning ZBLL for giving up Colour Neutrality.
Anybody has solutions?

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
I have started learning ZBLL few days ago. But, then I realised that I can't be Colour Neutral for it. I have been Colour Neutral since the start, and now I am thinking if it is worth learning ZBLL for giving up Colour Neutrality.
Anybody has solutions?
Actually you can have no such problems with full CN. I know 90 ZBLLs and am quad CN. You just have to observe patterns.

xyzzy

WCA
2016XYZZ01
Anybody has solutions?
My experience with ZBLL recog (and also PLL recog, for that matter) is that it's mostly the same regardless of what the LL colour is, although I still struggle with S and AS recognition on anything but white/yellow because I use weird recognition methods. If you're recognising the cases via same/adjacent/opposite patterns, colour neutral recognition should come "for free".

The only thing that's stopping you from being colour neutral with ZBLL is your mentality, basically.

Bl4nk5

My experience with ZBLL recog (and also PLL recog, for that matter) is that it's mostly the same regardless of what the LL colour is, although I still struggle with S and AS recognition on anything but white/yellow because I use weird recognition methods. If you're recognising the cases via same/adjacent/opposite patterns, colour neutral recognition should come "for free".

The only thing that's stopping you from being colour neutral with ZBLL is your mentality, basically.
Thanks for the advice.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If your recog system requires you to not be CN, you're doing it wrong, so you can definitely do it.

Here's a video on how to do 2 sided recog as long as you know 2 sided PLL (which can definitely be done CN), hope it helps!

abunickabhi

Staff member
WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZBLL CN is not that hard. It does take a lot of work to get flawless recognition though. I am not the right person to have an opinion as I have given up on both full ZBLL and full CN, U' R' F2 E' F2 R S' U S R E R'.

branson_lau

Juliette Sébastien is a top cuber, is colour neutral and does zbll most of the time, with quite a lot of sune zblls. it is definitely possible, just look for patterns such as opposite colors and adjacent colors