• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] YuXin Red Squeaking

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I've been having a problem with my YuXin Red recently where, as per the title, it squeaks. It has nothing to do with the springs or stress or anything, it's the friction surfaces.

Essentially, the squeak is like two wet rubber surfaces rubbing on each other, or like a lower pitch squeegee.

I've been lubricating it with Maru, though I can't remember if I put heavier silicone on the pieces when I swapped the springs and lubed the core. Could only using Maru cause this noise?

EDIT: Okay, I can't use this cube with the squeaking. It's unbearable. I'm still trying to fix it, though nothing I have done so far has changed anything in the slightest.
I just want to burn this thing at this point.

Last edited: