• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yuxin Little Magic Square-1 feels too tight

Papkin

Hi, today I hot Square-1 from Yuxin Little Magic(Magnetic). But cube fells really tight, when I move layer described as / (vertical move) it moves perfectly, but horizontal layers are hard to move. And I didnt see ant regulation screws anywhere. Can I do something with this (where are the screws, if they exist) or is it individual cube thing and I can only buy better one

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
You're usually only able to control the tightness of the slice as there's only one screw and the horizontal layers are adjusted as a side effect.
I have noticed this too and maybe try lube and breaking in. I assume the MGC is better for speedsolving anyway.

Thom S.

Square-1s with a ball core have only one screw for the slice, that also tightens the layers.
Most modern Sq1s have tight layers and a moderate slice out of the box. In my experience, the slice stays mostly the same and the layers get much looser after a couple hundred solves.
The point about a better Cube is difficult for me, as I have tried and dislike about every modern Sq1 except the Qiyi and maybe the Volt v2

Reactions: qwr

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, today I hot Square-1 from Yuxin Little Magic(Magnetic). But cube fells really tight, when I move layer described as / (vertical move) it moves perfectly, but horizontal layers are hard to move. And I didnt see ant regulation screws anywhere. Can I do something with this (where are the screws, if they exist) or is it individual cube thing and I can only buy better one
Problem: YLM too tight for U/D layers.
Solutions: 1. get an mgc to help with performance.
2. find out how to mod it to stop the puzzle from doing it.