• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yuxin Little Magic 2x2

Eelephant

So, I picked up the Yuxin LM 2x2, based on how kick butt the LM 3x3 is. Is it my imagination or does the LM 2x2 kind of suck? I mean, I’ll see what I can do with a little setup, but out of the box it seems pretty sludgy and VERY locky. I mean, it is what it is, but given how great the 3x3 was, I am pretty disappointed.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
So, I picked up the Yuxin LM 2x2, based on how kick butt the LM 3x3 is. Is it my imagination or does the LM 2x2 kind of suck? I mean, I’ll see what I can do with a little setup, but out of the box it seems pretty sludgy and VERY locky. I mean, it is what it is, but given how great the 3x3 was, I am pretty disappointed.
The LM mega and pyra are decent, but the 2x2 is pretty bad. Go for the mgc or the qiyi qidi s 2x2 if you want a good one.

Eelephant

Thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me! I’ve got a stickerless MF2, which I like very much (especially since I dyed the white face black! Always wanted one that way, but I could only find custom cubes that way, and they were too expensive, so I did it myself), so I’m all set for a “good one”, just tried out the LM on a whim. Thanks for the response!

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me! I’ve got a stickerless MF2, which I like very much (especially since I dyed the white face black! Always wanted one that way, but I could only find custom cubes that way, and they were too expensive, so I did it myself), so I’m all set for a “good one”, just tried out the LM on a whim. Thanks for the response!
Yeah, I don’t know what Yuxin was thinking. The funny thing is, with YJ’s MGC line, their side events and other nxns are often considered to be better than their 3x3s! This isn’t something people really mention, but their 2x2 is far and away the best 2x2 for the price, and maybe the best 2x2 period. The megaminx is also supposed to be quite good. The mgc 3x3 is good, but it doesn’t blow one away as much as the 2x2 does. This is the opposite for the LM line.