• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yusheng Du's 3.47 3x3 WR 1 year anniversary

H.E's a cuber

Even a sub
I really doubt it! Even among sub-4 times, a sub-3.5 is vanishingly rare. If I were to make a prediction I would only feel safe saying "we will get another sub-4 in the next year".
Even a sub-4 would need an insane amount of luck for a world class speed solver. But who knows?

WCA
2018BRUM01
BTW anybody else notice yusheng du is in the top 35 in the world for 3x3 average. I personally just like tymon kolasinski he is a very talented cuber that has improved rapidly in the past year or two. He deserved the record he got, and I doubt it will be broken for another few years. I think it will stand as feliks' oh wr stood for.

efattah

The important question is: now, 1-year later, what is the closest official time anyone has gotten to this WR?
According to the WCA site, the answer is Patrick Ponce 4.24.

efattah

Yes, and my point is that even if Yusheng Du had NOT broken the 4.22 record, the 4.22 record would still stand after 1 year.

So perhaps an equally important question is not when will the 3.47 be broken, but when will the 4.22 be broken for a 2nd time.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pjk WR/CR/NR solves 83