• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YouTube Cubing Championship (live-streamed contest, 3x3, 2x2, and Pyraminx)

U3cubing

WCA
2022HAUG01
Hello!
My name is Jeremiah and I am going to be holding a cubing contest here on the forum and streaming it on YouTube! I know there have been a lot of unofficial contests here on the forums lately, but this one will be a little different. There will be one round of 3x3, and one round of 2x2! Scrambles will be sent through email. You will need to film your solves, and then on the livestream the videos will be played one at a time. The best times will be put on the leaderboard as the stream goes on. The best single and averages will be crowned champion! There will also be some fun challenges like rescramble and solve into a superflip.

REQUIRMENTS:
1. Must be able to film yours solves
2. Must be comfortable having video of you or your hands on YouTube.
3. Must be able to email videos.
4. Must use a stackmat or similar if you own one. You may use a phone or keyboard if you do not own a stackmat.

Other information
Please stick as close to WCA regulations as you can. Use a puzzle cover before the solve. After each solve, show the time to the camera. If you would like to sponsor this contest, please DM me.

Register here.
Registration is open until June 24, 11pm CST. Please send the video of your solves by this time. The stream will be on June 25.

Be sure to join us on the livestream! It will be a lot of fun!
If you have any questions leave them below.

Edit:
I have changed it to only be one stream on the 25th to allow more time for people to register and compete.

Last edited:

fani

question: where do I have to post the vid? 'cause I dont have a yt channel-

U3cubing

WCA
2022HAUG01
You can upload the videos to google drive, if you don’t have google drive we can talk about it on email.

U3cubing

WCA
2022HAUG01
The instructions are in the email, but you just need to have the videos sent to me before the 24th. You may miss the stream depending on what time it is. This has become very international and not everyone will be able to view the stream at the same time.

U3cubing

WCA
2022HAUG01
im on vacation until july 8th is that a problem?
Well as long as you can get me the videos by June 24 you should be good. The stream is on the 25th. If you can’t get it to me by then you won’t be able to compete. 😢 If it goes well I may hold another on in the future.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well as long as you can get me the videos by June 24 you should be good. The stream is on the 25th. If you can’t get it to me by then you won’t be able to compete. 😢 If it goes well I may hold another on in the future.
welp im screwed bc i got plans both days (mainly dollywood and family time lol)