• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yoruba's ZZ progression thread

Yoruba

I made this to finally stop procrastinating improvement.

Right now im averaging high 9, with my splits standing at 1.7/4.6/3.3 (eocross/f2l/last layer)

The goal is to be sub 8 global, but i still have a few things to learn before that (2 sided pll recognition and planning eocross in 15 seconds)

Yoruba

So for the past week i decided to do around 50 solves a day with stackmat.

I didn't see any improvement, but i saw that my inspection time dropped to like 30 seconds, which is good for me.

Also almost learned 2 sided pll recognition, only have g perms left. After that i will start learning T ZBLL and relearn U ZBLL with twisty pll recognition.

For this week i will mainly focus on practicing my f2l by drilling last slot cases and using this eof2l trainer: https://gyroninja.net/timer/?customScramble=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7|0,1,2,3,8,9,10,11|0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7|||||

CubableYT

YouTube
Visit Channel
So for the past week i decided to do around 50 solves a day with stackmat.

I didn't see any improvement, but i saw that my inspection time dropped to like 30 seconds, which is good for me.

Also almost learned 2 sided pll recognition, only have g perms left. After that i will start learning T ZBLL and relearn U ZBLL with twisty pll recognition.

For this week i will mainly focus on practicing my f2l by drilling last slot cases and using this eof2l trainer: https://gyroninja.net/timer/?customScramble=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7|0,1,2,3,8,9,10,11|0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7|||||
What is twisty pll recog?

OreKehStrah

What is twisty pll recog?
You recog CP to know whether your underlying PLL is EPLL, diag, or adjacent swap. Then you mentally twist the UFR corner and look at the UF and UR edges and that mentally oriented UFR corner to recog the PLL to do ZB recog from any angle.

CubableYT

YouTube
Visit Channel
You recog CP to know whether your underlying PLL is EPLL, diag, or adjacent swap. Then you mentally twist the UFR corner and look at the UF and UR edges and that mentally oriented UFR corner to recog the PLL to do ZB recog from any angle.
Is this an acceptable method of recognition? How does it compare to other methods?