• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yet another speedcuber from the great state of New Jersey (USA)...

Chuberchuckee

Good day to you all. As I have already mentioned, I am from New Jersey. As a 15 year old high school sophomore, I took up speedcubing as another hobby in December of last year and have enjoyed it ever since. I currently average sub-35, and I will likely attempt a sub-30 by the end of the month.

I lurked on these forums for three months, and I thought it was time that I join and start posting.

At the risk of stating the very, blatantly obvious, I use the Fridrich method, which I learned from badmephisto's videos on Youtube. Badmephisto is a superb teacher who uses articulate and intelligent English even though his first language was not in fact English. I will never see Canadians the same way ever again. :D

Unfortunately, I haven't tried any other sized cubes (2^3, 4^3 to 7^3) or any other puzzles (Megaminx, etc.), but I will probably order cube4you brand 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, and 5x5x5. (I'm not sure if c4y big cubes are any good. I'll make a post under the hardware forum about this...)

In closing, good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night (depending on where you are in the world). I look forward to posting on these forums. :)

EDIT: Haha, I just noticed I spelled it "speedsuber" in the title. Epic fail.

Last edited:

mcciff2112

WCA
2009MCCA01
welcome to the forums! its seems that you are making steady progress with your times. keep up the good work and expect even more improvements in the future :)

ps. im from PA. maybe ill see you sometime at a tounament

Chuberchuckee

Welcome, we Jersey cubers are very numerous nowadays!

Where in Jersey do you hail from?

Huzzah for New Jersey!

I come from Ocean County (around the middle or south of Jersey). I notice many of you come from the north...

mcciff2112 said:
welcome to the forums! its seems that you are making steady progress with your times. keep up the good work and expect even more improvements in the future :)

ps. im from PA. maybe ill see you sometime at a tounament

Hello, and thanks for the encouragement! Sub-10 is my ultimate goal, and I have high hopes of reaching it. :D

As for competitions, I was planning on going to the March 7 Fort Lee competition, but I have conflicts there. I wanted to go to the March 14 Drexel competition, but that's SAT testing day. I wanted to go to the March 21 UPenn competition, but I have a history day competition to attend. ARGH!!! March is such a month of missed opportunities. I feel so sad just thinking about it... How would life be like if I could join all those competitions?

Bob said:
NJ is best.
Agreed. ;)

Your name sounds familiar... Do you host all the Newark competitions?

Can you please convince my parents that Newark isn't sin city? They think that anyone who dares enter Newark, NJ will get their car stolen or something, and they will absolutely not let me join any of the Newark competitions because of this. :(

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
No, Newark is not as bad as people make it out to be...especially that area. It's right next to the Rutgers and NJIT campuses.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, Newark is not as bad as people make it out to be...especially that area. It's right next to the Rutgers and NJIT campuses.

Fake Rutgers, of course.

Yes, of course, the second best of the three ;)
Wait, what three? Rutgers, NJIT, and Fake Rutgers? Lolwut?

Three Rutgers.

Rutgers-New Brunswick is the big one (of which Bob and I are alums). Then there's Rutgers-Newark and Rutgers-Camden.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi and welcome to the forums. I am also a NJ resident (Mendham), however I am currently attending Susquehanna University in PA. I'm glad to know the New Jersey has such a large number of cubers.

Doug

Chuberchuckee

Thank you for being such a good first poster.
You use proper English, can spell, and actually posted this in the correct section.
Are you planning to go to any competitions any time soon?
Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I plan on attending any competition within reasonable driving distance unless I have schedule conflicts.

Holy moly. There are more New Jersey speedcubers than I thought!!!

Is New Jersey Speedcubing, USA or something?

I will never see Canadians the same way ever again. :D
what's that supposed to mean? :p

There used to be a pretty darn long explanation here, but here's a tl;dr version: My perceptions of Canadians changed. (Though I still don't understand why they call bathrooms washrooms. My grandmother lived with Canadian relatives for some time and she told a story about how she asked "where is the bathroom?" to a Canadian and the person said "Uh...I don't believe we have one of those...".)

Last edited: