• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Y2L for LSE?

guelda

Hi everybody!

Not progressing much since quite some time with the Roux method, I guess I need to get back to work and learn some stuff, etc.
For LSE, I learned the EO algs from Kian from the beginning, and spam them, never thinking about good or bad arrow, or even arrow tbh :)
On the excellent "2021 Guide to improve in Roux" which can be found on Reddit, the suggested order of learning is the following: 4c > SBLS > FBLP > CMLL > EOLR

Even if working on block building is important, I'd like to improve on 4th step, ie. start practicing EOLR. I'm still using 2-look CMLL, learning those 42 algs is a bit frightening - and apparently it would be better to start with EOLR, cf. a comment on the mentioned Reddit page:

========================================================
I might be wrong, but my idea is that learning CMLL is not very rewarding. 31 extra algs and recognition would easily take more than a month to learn, and it will be saving around 1s per solve. EOLR would save 1s with a much shorter learning time.

By searching the web, I once found Fan Yiqun's page: https://www.fanyiqun.com/
If you click on "Yiqun’s 2-Look", you'll find a page where he talks about his own system for LSE: "Y2L", which should apparently be better than EOLR (translated):

If you are a person who is too lazy to learn formulas, then Gilles Ru’s traditional solution is suitable for you, and you can get a good result by using it.
If you are a one-handed player, then Kian Mansor’s plan is suitable for you, one-handed observation should be able to keep up, the number of steps is very short.
If you are a two-handed player, then Fan Yiqun’s Y2L is a very good choice. It has not many steps, the least number of observations, and the observation difficulty is also small. BU recognition method is not required, and dynamic observation is not necessary.

I translated the page but it is still not obvious to me how this works... Did any of you tried Y2L and what are your thoughts about it please?

Have a great cubing day!

Kaneki Uchiha

his method has 128 cases
you would be better off getting better at blocks
eolr is mostly done with intuition no one sits and learns 300+ cases
you should learn cmll as soon as possible

I dont think this is worth it
other things you might want to look at are: DFDB recognition for lse and line blocks

GodCubing

Y2l is actually quite interesting. I might develop it. The movecount will be similiar to normal roux however and will not be better than EOLR, but it could be a nice 4c recognition method.

In case people are wondering rouxers generally solve LSE optimally after doing EO and puting ULUR on bottom.

guelda

Thanks for your feedback guys!

For LSE, I use J-Perm's "method" which I guess is DFDB. Sometimes it seems like I get some additional understanding and do stuff which he doesn't teach, it is not really conscious though but a bit satisfying (intuition is cool).

GodCubing

Thanks for your feedback guys!

For LSE, I use J-Perm's "method" which I guess is DFDB. Sometimes it seems like I get some additional understanding and do stuff which he doesn't teach, it is not really conscious though but a bit satisfying (intuition is cool).
Learn BU from my YouTube. It's much easier and you can cancel moves. Unless you want to learn DFDB from that document on it I can link it if you want. JPerms approach is old and outdated.

Hi everybody!

Not progressing much since quite some time with the Roux method, I guess I need to get back to work and learn some stuff, etc.
For LSE, I learned the EO algs from Kian from the beginning, and spam them, never thinking about good or bad arrow, or even arrow tbh :)
On the excellent "2021 Guide to improve in Roux" which can be found on Reddit, the suggested order of learning is the following: 4c > SBLS > FBLP > CMLL > EOLR

Even if working on block building is important, I'd like to improve on 4th step, ie. start practicing EOLR. I'm still using 2-look CMLL, learning those 42 algs is a bit frightening - and apparently it would be better to start with EOLR, cf. a comment on the mentioned Reddit page:

I might be wrong, but my idea is that learning CMLL is not very rewarding. 31 extra algs and recognition would easily take more than a month to learn, and it will be saving around 1s per solve. EOLR would save 1s with a much shorter learning time.

By searching the web, I once found Fan Yiqun's page: https://www.fanyiqun.com/
If you click on "Yiqun’s 2-Look", you'll find a page where he talks about his own system for LSE: "Y2L", which should apparently be better than EOLR (translated):

If you are a person who is too lazy to learn formulas, then Gilles Ru’s traditional solution is suitable for you, and you can get a good result by using it.
If you are a one-handed player, then Kian Mansor’s plan is suitable for you, one-handed observation should be able to keep up, the number of steps is very short.
If you are a two-handed player, then Fan Yiqun’s Y2L is a very good choice. It has not many steps, the least number of observations, and the observation difficulty is also small. BU recognition method is not required, and dynamic observation is not necessary.

I translated the page but it is still not obvious to me how this works... Did any of you tried Y2L and what are your thoughts about it please?

Have a great cubing day!
that reddit link is excellent, ty