• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

X Cube Question

WCA
2011KIMN01
Thread starter #1
Hi
I have a completely broken in(solved more than 1000times) x cube 4x4.
I got the cube to turn like dayan 3x3s, but the reverse cornercutting still sucks.
Does anybody know any mod for x cube 4?
Also, can i do consta & florian on x cube? Will it make it better?
Plz help!!

WCA
2011GREE03
I think Konsta mod just stops internal lock ups and my X cubes never did so I don't think it's necessary.

Florian could help though.

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
giu1644
Florian will definitely help IF the pieces are molded like the SS puzzle. If the pieces are completely hollow you will just end up with a lot of pieces that have holes in them, holes that can and will cause even more lock ups than before the mod.

WCA
2012SHAO01
YouTube
channel/UCqZ-JVMMXaeibidkdSf6vLg
Florian will definitely help IF the pieces are molded like the SS puzzle. If the pieces are completely hollow you will just end up with a lot of pieces that have holes in them, holes that can and will cause even more lock ups than before the mod.
So that's why you shouldn't sand as much. I rounded all the edges (like the Florian mod but on all of the edges of the pieces) of my V-cube 4 and it's a bit better.

btw it wouldn't be called the Florian mod anymore.

Last edited:
WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
giu1644
So that's why you shouldn't sand as much. I rounded all the edges (like the Florian mod but on all of the edges of the pieces) of my V-cube 4 and it's a bit better.

btw it wouldn't be called the Florian mod anymore.
Well my point exactly.. If you dont know how thick the walls of the pieces are, you shouldnt mod just to be safe. Modding it is not worth it unless you can get any sort of arc to form.

WCA
2012SHAO01
YouTube
channel/UCqZ-JVMMXaeibidkdSf6vLg
Well my point exactly.. If you dont know how thick the walls of the pieces are, you shouldnt mod just to be safe. Modding it is not worth it unless you can get any sort of arc to form.
If you get the DIY, you'll see how thick the plastic is. I think it's around 3mm thick looking at CBC's video.