• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Would it be a smart idea to learn full ZBLL so I don't have to learn full OLL and PLL?

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Probably not a great idea because OLL and PLL cases are easier to recognize, so ZBLL algorithms are only really worth using if the edges are already oriented after F2L. Plus you'd have to learn the PLL cases anyway because every once in a while you'll get a case where the whole top face is solved. If you want to learn ZBLL go for it, but I don't think it should be in lieu of learning OLL. ZBLL has more than 8 times as many cases, and they tend to have longer algorithms than the OLLs. You'd definitely be better off just learning OLL first

Cuber2s

probably not. If you look at Max Park's solves, he doesn't use super advanced stuff and it works out. Feliks and Tymon do use advanced stuff, but they are super fast so probably only learn if you are sub 10, and don't learn all of zbll, just the easy and important ones.

CubeRed

probably not. If you look at Max Park's solves, he doesn't use super advanced stuff and it works out. Feliks and Tymon do use advanced stuff, but they are super fast so probably only learn if you are sub 10, and don't learn all of zbll, just the easy and important ones.
Bruh this was from August.

But then again it's off topic discussion anyway.

Imsoosm

I don't know why, but some ZBLL cases do seem to pop up more often when I'm solving, so I just learn the easy and short ones, or easy to remember ones. I've seen a person online before who memorized all of the ZBLLs, but he's not that fast because he still needs time to recognize and identify the case before applying the algorithm.
You can also learn the ZBLLs if when you don't use the ZBLL, it gives you a bad PLL like G perms or V perm. So learning the ZBLL avoids a bad case.