• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Worlds 2023 location candidates

Worlds 2023

• Chicago, USA

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Seoul, South Korea, Asia

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

Waffles

Well I shouldn’t really get a say in this because I live in Australia and I doubt I’d be going to either of these, because I’m so amazingly skilled at cubing and can get sub 2s every 2nd solve. It depends where more people live in for easy access. Like for example I assume at least SOME people live in Chicago, however Seoul is like the capital of South Korea so it may have more competitors (correct me if I’m wrong :D)

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
^
Somewhere in the West would obviously be a lot more convenient for people here, but there are a lot of cubers in the East too, which we don’t often consider.
True. I'd love for it to be in Chicago though because it's so close. I visited Chicago about five or six years ago and of course there are some seedy areas but downtown near the river is a very nice and classy city.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Huh, the US didn't win this one.
The chicago public document was 15 pages with lots of pictures, seoul's one was 5 pages with no pictures.

Both of them had convention centers as the venue, super spacious.

Definitely a tough choice for the selection committee.
Personally, Seoul is closer to me so I prefer it.

Kiwi_Cuber

WCA
2019CHAI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
A competition in both places would be interesting. Most people here would probably be from the US so Chicago would be the obvious choice here. South Korea is much closer to me though, 12 hours vs 20 hours, so that's my vote. Although unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to go anyway