• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WitEden Type C V WitYou - Version 2

mati1242

Not too many changes for me.
Slightly different tracks on the pieces from what I can see on video and photos.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm tempted, as always, but not super enthusiastic as the WitLong was so awful. The center plates were the problem there, and as far as I can see, the only difference here is that the plates don't rotate freely.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually that came out too on the WitYou, the original one. And according to Phil (whom I trust) it's nothing like the Wityout, which means it shouldn't be all that much like the WitLong (which most agree, neither was that great).
So we basically know it's not much like a few bad cubes we know of.

And about the center plate problem, apparently there wasn't much problem with those on the Wityou v1 with the locked plates. Although I'm guessing you could fix that with a bit of sandpaper.

Although I have overdone my cube quota for the next 5 years already. Marcel? XD

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually that came out too on the WitYou, the original one.
Yep, I didn't buy that, for the same reason. I just can't see how they wouldn't catch on reverse cutting or any kind of misalignment. It's just a weird design. Maybe if I'm bored I'll experiment with one and take some sandpaper to it.

Phil's review does identify catching as an issue, even though the feel is different to the v1.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep, I didn't buy that, for the same reason. I just can't see how they wouldn't catch on reverse cutting or any kind of misalignment. It's just a weird design. Maybe if I'm bored I'll experiment with one and take some sandpaper to it.

Phil's review does identify catching as an issue, even though the feel is different to the v1.

What I got from his various videos on these cubes was that the Witlong had catching problems, and the prototype Wityou v2 had catching problems, but the Wityout v1 didn't. Which is kind of odd. But he has the overview of the original Wityou and it doesn't catch much.

WitEden

WitYou V2 has on market (official version)

WitYou V2 (official version) is of course much better than prevoious. The v2 is fast and smooth,Very stable, has a strong cut corner!