• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will somebody beat Zemdegs with 3x3 single?

U

Underwatercuber

The chances I guess are kinda small since very few speedcubers are almost as good as Feliks. Like Kevin Hays and Mats Valk.
Kevin hays... XD idk if you have checked in a while but his 3x3 isn't all that great. He focuses mainly on big cubes

EmperorZant

WCA
2015LAUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Feliks only beat the previous World Record Single, Mats Valk's 4.74, by 0.01 seconds. Since then, Drew Brads has also gotten a 4.76-second 3x3 single, which is only 0.03 seconds behind the world record. So Feliks barely even broke the single, and people are still getting fast, lucky solves with times that linger near his 4.73.

Take that into consideration, and also remember that a long period of time occurred after Feliks' two 5.66 solves (5.66 was Feliks' last world record single before his 4.73) where he didn't hold the world record single. Not only did people take the single world record away from Feliks, people who didn't even hold the world record single beat out Feliks with solves like 5.09 and 4.94, simply because Feliks didn't have enough good luck and execution in the same solve. (His official PB was 5.32 around that time.)

So for an indefinite amount of time, the world record singles in almost all of the WCA events will continue to be broken over and over, because that's what the category comes down to: luck and execution. Feliks is not keeping any world record lol, either he will break his own record, or someone else will!

Until he unleashes the true power of zeroing, at which point we're all doomed.

AMCuber

Some person like Rowe Hessler or Lucas might beat the record, but Feliks would probably take it back, like the sub 20 4x4 wr. Who else didn't notice that Lucas didn't do his best in Nationals? I saw a live video of the results in nationals and Max won.

Last edited:
WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Who else didn't notice that Lucas didn't do his best in Nationals? I saw a live video of the results in nationals and Max won.
There are two answers I have to this:
-no, I did notice Lucas didn't get his best results
-yes I did notice Lucas did his best.

Ok that was kind of confusing but not nearly as much as the question was.