• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who's the best?

Who's the best 3x3 speedsolver, regardless of official standing?

• Harris Chan

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yu Nakajima

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Erik Akkersdijk

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • This poll is mean and talks smack and is not friendly to cubers >:(

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Genie1048

This may be an odd poll, and maybe some people will see it as talking smack or being mean to other cubists, but out of curiosity: Who do you think is the best 3x3 speedcubist? The reason I ask is because some people say Yu Nakajima, even though he doesn't have the wr anymore, some say Erik Akkersdijk , because he had a world record that was beaten, got it back, and is now the wr holder, some say Harris Chan because he has long fingers that are meant for cubing, and I've heard many other cubers in other people's opinions are the best for such and such reason, and so I'm going to leave it up to you to vote and/or explain who the best cuber is, regardless of their official standing. Also if you think someone else who is not mentioned above is the best, say that too.

Last edited:

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i am in favor of this thread being closed.

this poll does not have enough options, there are waaaay more than 3 good 3x3 solvers. Every sinle one of these people could get both 3x3 records on any given day.

Tomasz Zolnowski
Adam Polkowski
Mitsuki Gunji
Eduoard Chambon
Jean Pons
Yu Jeong Min
Stefan Huber
Mitchell Stern
Andrew Kang
Jason Baum
Milan Baticz
Ravi Fernando
Joel van Noort
Rama
Thibaut

and soooooooo many others. you really can't ask this question and only have 3 options.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
I don't see how this is mean or talking smack. It is pretty biased though. As Vault312 has pointed out, there are plenty of 3x3 speedsolvers at the top (especially if official standings are to be disregarded). The three you picked are (arguably) the most famous, but fame isn't necessarily an indicator of talent, so why single them out?

DAE_JA_VOO

Yeah, you can't just put three guys in a poll like this.

I must admit though, i've been keeping my eye on Harris and i can really see him dominating the game pretty soon.

kratos94

harris is really flourishing nowadays, i think maybe he can take erik's wr, he got a 6 sec non lucky solve!!! And yeah this thread needs more options

Hepheron

There is no way to really decern who is the best. People get WR but that doesnt mean they are the best.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with vault.
Out of these 3, I like Erik's style the best.
There are just way to many crazy fast people. I looked on WCA and there's so many super fast Koreans and Japanese that we don't hear of. Some of them are probably faster than Nakajima. I really dislike it when people think the only fast Japanese cuber is Nakajima.
Who's http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2006TABU02
Yumu Tabuchi?
He seems to be awesome at every single category!

But the fastest person now for 3x3 ... I'd say it could be anyone.
Go Lucas Garron! MGLS!

ccchips296

YouTube
Visit Channel
hahaha you dont know Yumu!???? hes awesome :D hes got a couple videos on nakajis youtube account....mainly BLD (in fact only BLD)...i knew about him o_O...i think that many koreans are understated and are really fast...

hawkmp4

I think this is either a loaded and highly opinionated question that shouldn't be asked, or a highly objective one that shouldn't need to be asked because there are WCA results to show who is the best.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i like erik because of how hes dominating so many events right now:D at least on the wca...
and i agree that its very limited - i was expecting to see quite a few more when i read the poll.

Genie1048

i think this poll is stupid and should be closed :p I accidenlty hit enter while trying to add more options :( sorry

but yeah this poll should be closed

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
meh why this thread? :(
There has been some in the past and after they sank down on the thread list I realised these kind of threads are not adding anything of importance at all. Maybe showing which cuber is loved more by other cubers, maybe showing who has the best videos, maybe showing who is the most well-known cuber?
Probably and most certainly it's not showing who's the best 3x3 cuber ever.
Don't we have World records and Championships for this?
Asking who's the best 3x3 speedcuber is by the way the same as asking who's the best striker in football ever. (plus in this case you can only choose between Pele and Maradonna, while Cruiff, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or whoever is awesome is being forgotten)