• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

White (a) Tension

linkmaster03

So, my (a) has weird tension. I can never get it right. One of the sides is always looser than the others, and the other is unbelievably tight. And there seems to be a point at which they cross over to loose or tight and it seems impossible to get them right. anyway, I took out a few of the centers, and the screws and washers are coated with black crap. Should I take the time to take apart all the centers and wash out the centers, core, screws, and washers? Will it make the cube smoother and the tension more normalized?

Michael_Wee

[And there seems to be a point at which they cross over to loose or tight and it seems impossible to get them right. anyway, I took out a few of the centers, and the screws and washers are coated with black crap. /QUOTE] if there is black crap in there as you say it it is probably silicone spray residue which should not be in the core or screws you should wipe it with a dry or damp cloth