• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which silicone lubricant to use, and where to get?

Thread starter #1
I hear from almost everyone nowadays to use silicone spray to lubricate cubes, but I have trouble deciding which one to get. The majority of people say to use the CRC Heavy Duty Silicone lubricant, but i hear from some people that it melts away the plastic a bit. I heard from a few to use the food grade silicone lubricant, but does that work as well? And what about teflon silicone lubricant?
I live in the New York City area, so there aren't any Walmarts close to where i live. I went to a few auto stores, but i couldn't find any lubricants beside liquid wrench =\.

Very good question. I can't get this special "CRC Heavy Duty Silicone" in Germany too.

What kind of lubricant recommend our German Cubers?

thx tim, yes I know Caramba.
Das bekomm ich hier um die ecke, dann werd ich mal meinen YUGA damit schmieren. :D
Grüße aus Freiburg ;)

Thread starter #6
Has anybody found the CRC stuff in the NYC area? Preferably around the Flushing/Bayside area. I have been looking around so many auto stores and hardware stores, and all i found was CRC braking cleaner stuff. If nobody knows of any places, i think i might have to order a can off the internet, but i'd rather not because i just spend 43 dollars on the new type a DIY white cube, along with a few tiles and stickers.

Btw, has anybody tried the food grade silicone and the EXTREME duty silicone from CRC? Been wondering if i should use those instead.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
pcwizcube
Btw, has anybody tried the food grade silicone and the EXTREME duty silicone from CRC? Been wondering if i should use those instead.
A lot of people also use CRC Food Grade silicone for lubricating their cubes. I think it doesn't have acetone, which damages the cube a little bit. CRC Heavy Duty Silicone has acetone in it.

I haven't heard about EXTREME duty silicone though..

I hear from almost everyone nowadays to use silicone spray to lubricate cubes, but I have trouble deciding which one to get. The majority of people say to use the CRC Heavy Duty Silicone lubricant, but i hear from some people that it melts away the plastic a bit. I heard from a few to use the food grade silicone lubricant, but does that work as well? And what about teflon silicone lubricant?
I live in the New York City area, so there aren't any Walmarts close to where i live. I went to a few auto stores, but i couldn't find any lubricants beside liquid wrench =\.
There must be a hobby store somewhere in New York! Search for a store that has RC car parts or model trains in the window. Ask about "traxxas differential oil" or shock oil.

Anyone know the perfect viscosity for differential oil?