• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which ShengShou 4x4 Version is this? (Lots of Pictures Included)

mdolszak

YouTube
Visit Channel
I got a ShengShou 4x4 off of eBay (it was only like $6).

It came in the usual ShengShou box (with the little instruction pamphlet and everything).

It didn't specify what version it was (V1, V2, or V3).

After researching online, I concluded that it is not version 2 (the pieces look too different). However, I can't figure out if it is a V1 or V3.
I've heard that the V1's corner caps pop off a lot, and that hasn't happened to me yet. I also heard that the cube (V1) pops a lot in general, but that hasn't happened yet either.

The cube turns very well, especially the inner layers. The outer layers have the faintest clicking, though you don't even notice it, especially when doing finger tricks (I don't know if this is the "clicking" that people say the V1 has).

It cuts a little more than half a cubie.

Anyway, I went ahead and took pictures (lots and lots of pictures :) ) and put them on my PhotoBucket, to save time (and space on the forum).
Could you guys give me your input on which version you think my ShengShou 4x4 is?

Here is the link to the album: http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/xx173/msoxfan/ShengShou 4x4 Version __/

Thanks so much for all your help! :)

cubernya

Premium Member
Dead giveaway - little pole thing on bottom of center. It's a V3 without a doubt. Also, there is a cube identification thread.

Edit: Ninja'd

mdolszak

YouTube
Visit Channel