• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which is more consistent: Tymon or Max?

Imsoosm

So I've been looking at Tymon's and Max's recent results at each competition for 3x3. I think Tymon seems a bit more consistent than Max.

Tymon's recent results are 95% sub-6 averages, and he very rarely gets a low 6 average. Tymon also average about 2-4 sub-5 solves every competition. Of course, Max has also done this, but a bit less frequent than Tymon.

Max gets low 6 averagers a bit more frequently, and sometimes he also gets mid-6 averages. He also doesn't have as much sub-5 solves as Tymon. Currently Tymon has 32 sub-5 solves, and Max has 29 (I added his results from the 4.09 competitions to it already). So Max is not too far off, but I think overall Tymon is just more consistent than Max.

What's your opinion on this?

cuberswoop

So I've been looking at Tymon's and Max's recent results at each competition for 3x3. I think Tymon seems a bit more consistent than Max.

Tymon's recent results are 95% sub-6 averages, and he very rarely gets a low 6 average. Tymon also average about 2-4 sub-5 solves every competition. Of course, Max has also done this, but a bit less frequent than Tymon.

Max gets low 6 averagers a bit more frequently, and sometimes he also gets mid-6 averages. He also doesn't have as much sub-5 solves as Tymon. Currently Tymon has 32 sub-5 solves, and Max has 29 (I added his results from the 4.09 competitions to it already). So Max is not too far off, but I think overall Tymon is just more consistent than Max.

What's your opinion on this?
I think that Tymon is definitely more consistent, he almost always gets sub 5.5, and his PR is 5.09, that's not that far apart.

Last edited:

Imsoosm

3 of his last 10 averages are sub-5.5. Going back further, I stopped counting at 7 of his last 33. That's not even remotely close to "almost always".
Well, if you actually looked at it, you'll find 9 sub-5.5 (I counted the 5.51 in here as well) out of 16 averages. That's almost 60 percent of his solves that are sub-5.5.

Last edited:

Imsoosm

We'll see how Tymon does in Cube4Fun Dąbrowa Górnicza 2022. He attended all three of the Cube4Fun Leagues before, so he'll probably go to this one. The comp is only three days away, April 23-24.

He'll also probably go to Cube4Fun Zawiercie 2022 as well, which will happen on May 21-22.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, if you actually looked at it, you'll find 9 sub-5.5 (I counted the 5.51 in here as well) out of 16 averages. That's more than 60 percent of his solves that are sub-5.5.
I did actually look at it. Feel free to tell me which of my two stats is wrong. Even if you wrongly count the 5.51 as sub-5.5, that still is only 8 of 16, not 9. Half the time isn't "almost always".

BTW, 9 of 16 is 56.25% not "more than 60%".