• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which cube to get?

Caedus

Premium Member
I'm starting to really get into cubing, and am finding that my store bought cube just isn't doing it for me. I looked at the cube review thread and want to try the Type F, but on Cube4You all they have is a New Type White DIY Cube. Is that the same as the Type F? If not, what cube do you recommend for a semi-beginner with minute and a half LBL times? (I'm trying to learn Fridrich, but it's slow going)

Cheese_Board

It is all a matter of personal preference. There are numerous threads on this topic, but in the end, the best cube is different for everyone else.

Caedus

Premium Member
Hmm... Taking a closer look at the cubes has me thinking about the Type A's and the C4Y cube.
Is the New Type A any better than the original Type A? Or at least enough better to make a difference?
But once again, is the new type f any different than a type f? I like the look of the C4Y cube too. I'll definitely order one of the A cubes and a C4Y cube (maybe an f cube depending on what I find out about it).

YouTube
Visit Channel
Please get an Edison! Methinks it will be cheaper than buying from C4U (well, depends on who you order from...)

if not, I would highly recommend Type C, but Cube4you cube is good as well. Do not get the old type A. The 3rd models of the type A, i think, are actually pretty good. Check out some reviews.

Edit: lol, I think what it means by "new type F" is that it is a "new" type, and that type is F. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're the same.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
My personal preference (in order of best first): C, Rubik's DIY, D, JSK, E, F, Edison, Joy, (here comes the good part) unhybridized type B lubed with syrup and with peeling PET stickers, any type A.