• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
How is it compared to the MGC and Valk5?
Better then the Mgc for sure (at least for me). The Valk5 is more stable, so if you like that, go for the Valk. The WRM is really fast and effortless to turn, with almost equal performance. I prefer the WRM because it is easier to turn then the Valk5, but it's just personal preference.

MiniRubik

Hi guys, I want to buy a new 3x3 and I’m thinking between the gan 11 M duo, gan 12 leap or the gan Mini M pro.

I think the 12 it’s slightly out of budget, and I’m thinking of the mini because I want to start doing OH, but I also want it for two hand. I would consider the 11 M pro to. I’m currently using the 354 M v2, what would you recommens me??? Thanks.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys, I want to buy a new 3x3 and I’m thinking between the gan 11 M duo, gan 12 leap or the gan Mini M pro.

I think the 12 it’s slightly out of budget, and I’m thinking of the mini because I want to start doing OH, but I also want it for two hand. I would consider the 11 M pro to. I’m currently using the 354 M v2, what would you recommens me??? Thanks.
If you're set on getting a gan cube I'd get the 11 m pro, but there are lots of other great options aside from gan.

refrotsnezte

X man tornado v3 flagship or pioneer? I have weight 5 it that makes maglev more controllable. I'm not sure which one to get and I never tried a maglev clue. I currently have the rs3m 2020
is it better to lube a cube that is too fast with something like weight 5 or is it better to lube a cube that is too slow with something like dmn.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
X man tornado v3 flagship or pioneer? I have weight 5 it that makes maglev more controllable. I'm not sure which one to get and I never tried a maglev clue. I currently have the rs3m 2020
is it better to lube a cube that is too fast with something like weight 5 or is it better to lube a cube that is too slow with something like dmn.
If you really like fast cubes, go with the pioneer. But I don't think speed is going to be a problem with any of these.

It's much easier to slow down a fast cube then to speed up a slow cube.

Well, dear parents have finally agreed for me to buy a new 3x3 cube (actually, they think my qiyi warrior w is extremely fast), but the REAL problem is that they only allow me to buy one cube :") . I've always wanted the wrm2021 maglev, but now, there is also the tornado v3... I wonder which one should I get, or if I have to wait for another cube after some billion years :")

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, dear parents have finally agreed for me to buy a new 3x3 cube (actually, they think my qiyi warrior w is extremely fast), but the REAL problem is that they only allow me to buy one cube :") . I've always wanted the wrm2021 maglev, but now, there is also the tornado v3... I wonder which one should I get, or if I have to wait for another cube after some billion years :")
Stick to your Qiyi Warrior W lol, it's extremely fast.

JK lol, but if your budget is unlimited, get the Tornado V3 Pioneer version. It has Maglev, like the WRM 2021, but it also has Core Magnets too.

But

The Tornado V3 M (Pioneer version) is $39.95 while the Moyu WR M 2021 Maglev is $29.95.

In my opinion, spend the extra 10 bucks and get the Tornado V3 M.

Stick to your Qiyi Warrior W lol, it's extremely fast.
Lol
JK lol, but if your budget is unlimited, get the Tornado V3 Pioneer version. It has Maglev, like the WRM 2021, but it also has Core Magnets too.

But

The Tornado V3 M (Pioneer version) is $39.95 while the Moyu WR M 2021 Maglev is $29.95.

In my opinion, spend the extra 10 bucks and get the Tornado V3 M.
Thank you! I just hope they don't realese a tornado v4

As long as you don't wait another year, you're ok.
But Moyu is releasing a new 3x3 soon, so might want to wait and see what it is. Could be a new WRM, but they haven't said so no way to know.
Yeah... I've heard moyu new cube news.
Actually, I can't get the tornado v3 right now (because I will wait until it's available for shipping for a specific country then ship it to that country then ship it in my country)
It may take 1 month to start that process, that's why I think I can change my opinion. 😅

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
I’m very impressed by what qiyi managed to pull off with the v3. For the first time in years we have a cube which most people who try it seem to be going for, rather than opinion being very thinly split. In todays market for cubing that is a massive achievement

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
I’m very impressed by what qiyi managed to pull off with the v3. For the first time in years we have a cube which most people who try it seem to be going for, rather than opinion being very thinly split. In todays market for cubing that is a massive achievement
I also made that observation. I think the only times this has happened was with the The Valk The Valk 3, the RS3M 2020, and the Dayan Zhanchi.

MiniRubik

Can anyone tell me their opinion on which one do you think it’s best, Gan 11 M Pro, Gan 12 Maglev, Gan 12 Leap, the X-man tornado V3 flagship or the X-man tornado V3 pioneer???

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can anyone tell me their opinion on which one do you think it’s best, Gan 11 M Pro, Gan 12 Maglev, Gan 12 Leap, the X-man tornado V3 flagship or the X-man tornado V3 pioneer???
It is either of the tornado v3's. The flagship is for you if you like controllable but fast cubes and the pioneer is for you if you like extremely fast but slightly uncontrollable cubes.

roconnor1994

so i haven't been into cubing much, but i've gotten back into it recently and was looking for a good cheap 3x3 and 4x4. Don't have a current working 4x4, but my 3x3 is a Valk Elite M with Valk M pieces. Maglev seems interesting, but isn't necessary for me

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I prefer the Gan 12 Maglev to all of these, but the flagship Tornado V3 will probably be the best bang for your buck.