• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

Dutchy

Hello! I've got an Air SM and thinking of getting a new secondary maybe primary cube beside it. And if you have any experience on them, which one would you recommend me more: Valk Elite M or Gts3 LM or I tought of the Gan 356X too. Thankss <3

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
The other day I was sorting through my collection. I realized I had no stickered WCA puzzles. I want to get a stickered 3x3 so I can experience it. What is the best budget stickered 3x3 with good stickers that don't peel off. Magnetic would be best but its ok if not.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok thanks
I am a sticker purist/fanatic/snob/fanatic/enthusiast...I’ve only had my GuHong v4 about a month but I can tell the stickers are not trash and will last. This cube has the great Dayan orange but also a deeper red and blue than my Dayan 2x2 and TengYun v1. I’d recommend it for your first stidkered 3x3! It’s in the higher end of “budget” 3x3s but that is definitely reflected in the performance. It’s an amazing puzzle and one I’m happy to solve on daily!

Last edited:

SH03L4C3

I am a sticker purist/fanatic/snob/fanatic/enthusiast...I’ve only had my GuHong v4 about a month but I can tell the stickers are not trash and will last. This cube has the great Dayan orange but also a deeper red and blue than my Dayan 2x2 and TengYun v1. I’d recommend it for your first stidkered 3x3! It’s in the higher end of “budget” 3x3s but that is definitely reflected in the performance. It’s an amazing puzzle and one I’m happy to solve on daily!
Is there one in a cheaper range like under $10.
What about hte qiyi MS?

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about hte qiyi MS?
There's the Qiyi MS, Moyu RS3M 2020, Yuxin Little magic M, YJ Yulong v2 M, and Moyu Meilong M. The two best are the most expensive, being the RS3M, and MS. The Yulong is also good, but the MS is better IMO. If I were you I would just get the RS3M, and If you really want to save a dollar go with the Qiyi MS. The meilong M and Little Magic M are not as good as their premium, non-factory magnetic counter parts, so I would stay away. There's also the thunderclap V3 M, which is basically the same as the MS but more expensive.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
There's the Qiyi MS, Moyu RS3M 2020, Yuxin Little magic M, YJ Yulong v2 M, and Moyu Meilong M. The two best are the most expensive, being the RS3M, and MS. The Yulong is also good, but the MS is better IMO. If I were you I would just get the RS3M, and If you really want to save a dollar go with the Qiyi MS. The meilong M and Little Magic M are not as good as their premium, non-factory magnetic counter parts, so I would stay away. There's also the thunderclap V3 M, which is basically the same as the MS but more expensive.

Dayan Guhong V4M better than all of those

SH03L4C3

I have the RS3m
Im talking about stickered puzzles

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about hte qiyi MS?
For the under $10 range I’d recommend the MS or yulong V2M. The MS is very blocky and feels like a less polished/nice valk 3M. The yulong conversely is smoother but has rather light magnets...but that does suit the cube well. The thunderclap is also a decent cube but not my favorite.

All of these are good cubes but aren’t going to blow you away if you’ve solved on flagships or other quality cubes you already enjoy the feel of. The GuHong on the other hand I feel offers a unique turning experience that can be compared to cubes OUTSIDE the budget range.