• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

D

Deleted member 54663

I want to get into 5X5,4X4,2X2, and Skeby(sorry I can not spell).Anyone know any cheap but good ones.
2x2: yupo v2, little magic m, qiyi ms
4x4: meilong m, rs4m(not that good), mgc 4x4
5x5: mgc 5x5, or for a cheaper option, yj yushuang v2 5x5
skewb: cyclone boys skewb, but if you have the money get the xman wingy.

RiSha

I really need a good new 4x4 budget is pretty low though... any recomendations?

D

Deleted member 54663

I really need a good new 4x4 budget is pretty low though... any recomendations?
The meilong M is good, but only after loosening and lube. If you have the money get the mgc 4x4. But if your budget is very low, the meilong m 4x4 is the best.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
RS3M2020 for sure.

have already used it, just not for me.

The WuWei is a highly underrated puzzle IMO and the Meilong M is also a fantastic puzzle. BUT, the valk M is definitely the way to go though for both OH and 2H.

i didn't know that the valk was good for oh. Does celeritas work well for oh?

Also, if i have enough money left, i'll buy some budget cubes

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
i didn't know that the valk was good for oh. Does celeritas work well for oh?
The valk basically changed the entire OH scene back when it was released. People still were debating whether the Air GTS or Valk were better for 2h but for OH the valk was declared the greatest, and I think that it also might still be the most used cube for OH but I'm not sure about that. Regarding your lube question, that's 100% up to your preferred feel. Lube your cube the way you like it, there isn't really a "best" lube, just lube it to your taste.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
The valk basically changed the entire OH scene back when it was released. People still were debating whether the Air GTS or Valk were better for 2h but for OH the valk was declared the greatest, and I think that it also might still be the most used cube for OH but I'm not sure about that. Regarding your lube question, that's 100% up to your preferred feel. Lube your cube the way you like it, there isn't really a "best" lube, just lube it to your taste.

as i said, i'm probably getting a wuwei as well, so i have another chance of a good oh cube

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
as i said, i'm probably getting a wuwei as well, so i have another chance of a good oh cube
The wuwei is a fantastic cube in its own right, but for OH I'm not the biggest fan of it. The magnets are a little overwhelming for doing OH solves and there are a few weird lockups you can get doing some algs on OH that make it a little frustrating, but as long as you don't mind the strong magnets and you're really accurate for OH the cube offers some pretty decent stability and great speed.