• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

Waffleman101

This is probably not needed, but this is the ones I'm using:

2x2: YuXin Little Magic

3x3: GAN XS with Strongest magnets, and 2nd click with the second loosest setting

4x4: Some cheap QiYi

5x5: Some other cheap QiYi

6x6: None

7x7: YJ YuFu 7x7

Pyraminx: X-Man Bell Pyraminx

Megaminx: X-Man Galaxy Megaminx V2 M (sculpted)

Square 1: YuXin little magic

WCA
2019WILK04
YouTube
Visit Channel
@ProStar I've put the MoYu back into dollars, just used to dealing with pounds in the UK. Not including the Angstom clock as yes it's not mass produced and also from what I've yes it's definatley better than lingaos but it's in no way perfect.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am currently maining
2x2 Valk2LM recently sold my main gan251 lol
3x3 Gan354m Matte tiles
4x4 Aosu Wrm
OH Gan354m
Skewb Wingy
Pyra bell or mr.m
Mega Galaxy V2LM
Looking to buy a 5x5 today. I am thinking of getting a MGC and will probably get a Yushi 6x6 m at some point

Sion

My mains:

2x2: Old Plastic Dayan Zhanchi M,
3x3: Dayan Tengyun M
4x4: MoYu Meilong M
5x5: Valk 5 M

I do have other events, but I don't really practice them and henceforth don't exactly consider them to be mains.

Some cubes that aren't mains but I do enjoy and highly recommend are:

Gan249 v2 M
QiYi WuWei M
MoYu AoSu WR M
YongJun MGC 5 M

crazycuber36

YouTube
Visit Channel
So i have the 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and I was wondering what cube I should buy and learn next. So It would be great if you commented below on any suggestions.
btw 5x5 is the biggest cube im probably going to practice on, so im probably not going to put to much time and commitment into anything bigger then 5x5.

brododragon

So i have the 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and I was wondering what cube I should buy and learn next. So It would be great if you commented below on any suggestions.
btw 5x5 is the biggest cube im probably going to practice on, so im probably not going to put to much time and commitment into anything bigger then 5x5.
Mega and pyra. They are not too hard and put a spin on things. If you want a challenge, go for squan.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that the things @ProStar said are great, but I think this is about the time I started getting into non-WCA puzzles. As far as WCA goes, I think you should look into a cheap 5x5, like the Yuxin Little Magic or MGC. I thought I wouldn't like big cubes, and now I love them, 4x4 is my favorite event and 5x5 is my 3rd favorite (behind 3x3).

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Same
I originally hated anything that wasn't 3x3, 2x2, OH, pyra and skewb
I had a comp coming up called fortitude sydney and i was only gonna do 3x3
legit 2 weeks before the comp i learnt mega, 4x4 and clock
now some of my favourite events are 4x4, 5x5, and mega
I would recommend the Yuchuang v2m 5x5. O bought it about a week ago and it feels sbout as good as the mgc and valk 5 no joke

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
hey guys, what are the best 4x4s, im not talking budget but a professional one thats not extremly exspensive

What's your budget? Top of the line will cost you $50, but you can get them cheaper. Also, are you confident at setting up cubes? Because if you don't spend the extra on a Cubicle to SCS setup, then it can get $10 cheaper.