• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

cfopboy

someone pls halp..
my bday is coming up and im not sure whether 2 get the gan xs or valk elite m.
i have a gan x and im not sure whether its worth the upgrade. if its not then ill probably get a megaminx or a 5x5

fortissim2

WCA
2016LAUI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
someone pls halp..
i have a gan x and im not sure whether its worth the upgrade. if its not then ill probably get a megaminx or a 5x5
You seriously don't need the Gan XS, since it's only a copy to the Yuexiao Pro EDM, and more overpriced. I think that you should get a megaminx instead.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
someone pls halp..

If you already have an X then you don't need another 3x3. Definitely go for Megaminx or 5x5, since that's what you said u wanted next. Also, Christmas is coming up soon as well, you could get more cubes then

GAN 356 X

someone pls halp..
I'm faced with the same decision. I know I don't need a new 3x3, but I have enough money to lash out. I think the Valk Elite would be better for me, as I have started to become less and less a gan fan boy, as I have tried several other flagships from other companies, and have tired fo the Gan feel.

I'm looking for new 3x3. I can buy GAN 356 XS or Moyu Weilong WR M. Which one is better? Also money is actually no problem for me.
I don't think it is a matter of what's better but what suits you better. Both cubes have customisation ease and very different feelings, so its up to you really

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I'm faced with the same decision. I know I don't need a new 3x3, but I have enough money to lash out. I think the Valk Elite would be better for me, as I have started to become less and less a gan fan boy, as I have tried several other flagships from other companies, and have tired fo the Gan feel.

If you don't need a new 3x3, why not get another puzzle?

That being said, I think the Valk Elite is insanely cool

Shah

Okay. I’m just gonna stretch my budget a little further to $60. Considering Gan 356 XS and GTS3M. Which one should I buy?

Shah

I wouldn't buy either. If someone told me to go buy whatever cube I wanted I'd go for the Valk 3 Elite.
Valk Elite

Any reason to buy Valk 3 Elite over Gan 356 XS?

Checked some reviews of Valk 3 Elite on YouTube. Most mention the M slices being hard to turn. Since I use Roux primarily, this can be deal breaker for me.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Updated August, 2019 - If you suggest any changes to these recommendations, please comment below which your recommendation and reason for the change. These suggestions are for the community and by the community, so please help keep these suggestions up to date by replying here with changes.

Recommended 3x3x3:
  • Budget: Yuxin Little Magic - $4.99 or MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS2 3x3 - $7.95
  • Great: YJ MGC 3x3 - $14.99
  • Expert: Moyu Weilong GTS 3 M - $34.99 or Gan 354 M - $39.99 or GAN 356 X - $61.95 or MoYu Weilong WR M - $38.99

Recommended 4x4x4:
  • Budget: QiYi Thunderclap Mini 4x4 - $12.95 or Meilong 4x4 - $4.99
  • Great: Qiyi Mini Wuque M - $31.95
  • Expert: Angstrom WuQue M 4x4 - $69.99 or MoYu AoSu 4x4 GTS2 M - $44.99
I think most of what you have in this list is correct for most people, but I think you should update 3x3 and 4x4 a little.

3x3
Whilst this is a recent addition to the GAN 3x3 range, I think the XS is most definitely the best 3x3 on the market right now, making improvements on the magnet and tension systems. Feliks Zemdegs used it to set his new average world record of 5.53 seconds, and he and Max Park both main it, making it worthy to go on this list as an improvement over the GAN 356 X.

4x4
This is also a recent addition, but to the Aosu Range, the MoYu AoSu WRM. Whilst many people prefer the GTS2M, the AoSu has again been chosen by Feliks Zemdegs and Max Park as their main 4x4.

Great megaminx: the current link says Galaxy M and goes to Galaxy v1. I suggest the Galaxy v2 sculpted.
I would also suggest the GAN Megaminx - it uses concave corners instead of ridges and has a brilliant magnetic and tensioning system. As used by Feliks Zemdegs.

GAN 356 X

I think most of what you have in this list is correct for most people, but I think you should update 3x3 and 4x4 a little.

3x3
Whilst this is a recent addition to the GAN 3x3 range, I think the XS is most definitely the best 3x3 on the market right now, making improvements on the magnet and tension systems. Feliks Zemdegs used it to set his new average world record of 5.53 seconds, and he and Max Park both main it, making it worthy to go on this list as an improvement over the GAN 356 X.

4x4
This is also a recent addition, but to the Aosu Range, the MoYu AoSu WRM. Whilst many people prefer the GTS2M, the AoSu has again been chosen by Feliks Zemdegs and Max Park as their main 4x4.

I would also suggest the GAN Megaminx - it uses concave corners instead of ridges and has a brilliant magnetic and tensioning system. As used by Feliks Zemdegs.
And Dylan Wang from J perm, although I don't think he is great at megaminx

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Any reason to buy Valk 3 Elite over Gan 356 XS?

Checked some reviews of Valk 3 Elite on YouTube. Most mention the M slices being hard to turn. Since I use Roux primarily, this can be deal breaker for me.
It’s all personal preference. I use roux as well and really like the GTS3 but hate the X. I know that it’s just because I don’t like the feeling.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
(This is not a help thread, I'm asking your opinion)

I currently have a 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 2x2 Mirror Cube, 3x3 Mirror Cube, Pyraminx, Megaminx, Skewb, Square 1, Kilominx, Curvy Copter, and Master Pyraminx.

I'm thinking maybe a Redi Cube, a Cuboid(idk what size), and a gear puzzle(either ball or cube, idk which one).

I'd like input on what I should get, and what size cuboid I should get and whether a gear cube or gear ball is better.

Thanks!

Redi Cube
Cuboid(post which size)
Gear Puzzle(post cube, ball or other)
Mastermorphix
Clock
6x6
7x7
Ivy Cube
Gigaminx