• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

CrabbyCuber

I"ve added a section at the bottom of the post with links to various shops around the world. What am I missing? What are the biggest shops in Europe? Let me know and I'll add them to the thread.

Also, you have any other suggestions to make, please post them here.

Maybe add DailyPuzzles, Australia’s newest big store, which seems pretty good. I am totally biased towards speedcube.com.au though...

Iwannaganx

Yes, add daily puzzles they are great

Maybe add DailyPuzzles, Australia’s newest big store, which seems pretty good. I am totally biased towards speedcube.com.au though...
They aren't bad, but I think I've noticed some of their prices are higher than Speedcube.com.au, and they have less puzzles. But then again... Code TINGMAN

YouTube
Visit Channel
They aren't bad, but I think I've noticed some of their prices are higher than Speedcube.com.au, and they have less puzzles. But then again... Code TINGMAN

Personally, I have always bought my puzzles at speedcube.com.au. Free express shipping over $100 and a rewards system. Always great service. I have contemplated buying speedcubes at dailypuzzles but in the past they haven’t had the newest hardware, and have been more expensive. I have recently looked at their site, and it seems they have lots more cubes to offer and looks more professional then before, but I still don’t believe their overall store is better than speedcube.com au. However, it is worth adding because I know plenty of people who shop there :).

EDIT: I’ve been trying some of my friends 2x2’s and thought the GAN 251, Dayan Tengyun and WR Weipo were as good as the Valk 2 and I think they’re worth adding, anyone else agree?

Last edited:

icarneiro

When it comes to the 4x4x4 cube, which one is better?

YuXin Little Magic Magnetic 4x4x4
or
YongJun YuSu V2 Magnetic 4x4x4
or
SENGSO Mr. M Magnetic 4x4x4

I only have one 4x4 cube, it's not magnetic, and it locks up a lot, it's horrible, so I'd like to buy a good one, and it's cheap. On one site, I researched these, and found these 3 cubes around $11. So... because they are magnetic, I found a good price, i think...

YouTube
Visit Channel
When it comes to the 4x4x4 cube, which one is better?

YuXin Little Magic Magnetic 4x4x4
or
YongJun YuSu V2 Magnetic 4x4x4
or
SENGSO Mr. M Magnetic 4x4x4

I only have one 4x4 cube, it's not magnetic, and it locks up a lot, it's horrible, so I'd like to buy a good one, and it's cheap. On one site, I researched these, and found these 3 cubes around $11. So... because they are magnetic, I found a good price, i think...
I think YuSu v2M is amazing if you take the time to set it up properly
YLM is too slow for me
I don’t have a Mr. M, but my friend did(he quit cubing), and it locked up a little too much. I might be biased because it doesn’t come in stickerless and I can’t recognize stickered puzzles

icarneiro

I think YuSu v2M is amazing if you take the time to set it up properly
YLM is too slow for me
I don’t have a Mr. M, but my friend did(he quit cubing), and it locked up a little too much. I might be biased because it doesn’t come in stickerless and I can’t recognize stickered puzzles

Thank you, you helped me a lot !!

GAN 356 X

Dayan Tengyun or the new Qiyi Wu Wei?
My friend has the Tengyun and I personally love its lovely gliding feeling, frictionless and smooth. It has a clack. blocky kind of snappy feeling which I really enjoy. My only gripe is it is a little too fast for me, but that could be fixed with some setup. Its 55 mm size and weak magnets make it great for OH

bossel

I have a GTS V2 M and ever since was intrigued by smaller cubes. So I ordered a GAN 354M recently to satisfy my curiosity... It's not a recent model, and probably not as smooth as the highly praised 356X, but it intrigues me... and I am doing this for fun after all!

YouTube
Visit Channel
I believe the list needs to be updated because it’s been three months and a lot of new releases have come out. I’ll help out by adding cubes for events I have experience with and a variety of cubes for:

2x2:
Budget: YJ Yupo v2 M
Great: YJ MGC
Expert: Dayan Tengyun (now my main), Valk 2, Moyu Weipo WR M

3x3:
Budget: Yuxin Little Magic
Great: Valk 3
Expert: GAN XS (my main), GTS3M

GAN 356 X

I believe the list needs to be updated because it’s been three months and a lot of new releases have come out. I’ll help out by adding cubes for events I have experience with and a variety of cubes for:

2x2:
Budget: YJ Yupo v2 M
Great: YJ MGC
Expert: Dayan Tengyun (now my main), Valk 2, Moyu Weipo WR M

3x3:
Budget: Yuxin Little Magic
Great: Valk 3
Expert: GAN XS (my main), GTS3M
I reckon at the WRM and X to the list as many still use the X as their main.