• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

jo1215

WCA
2017OSTD02
Can you post a video of this cuz I can't picture at all what you're talking about.
It looks like this, I don't think it's happened to me on the X but it has happened several times on the SM. It's usually due to loose cubes/inaccurate turning
20191011_005128-min.jpg

Pascal-NL

I first wanted to post a reply on the " which cube to buy" thread but I think it is better to post my question in a new thread.
I want to buy a complete serie starting from 2x2 up to whatever high number. The only thing is I am nerd with OCD so I want perfectly playing cubes which all look the same. I was thinking about MoYu but I cannot find a half bright sticker less 3x3. This will result in a serie which does not look the same.

I prefer speed cubes with magnets but I know the higher cubes do not come with magnets.

Does anyone know a serie of cubes which do look the same and are great to play with?

Thank you in advance.

WCA
2019RAMI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well uh
Try the YJ Yu-insert thing here- v2 M series
They are all budget cubes and all magnetic!
The only problem is that they come feeling dry as frick out of the box, so you probs want to get some lube with it (i used Martian Lube from speedcubeshop.com on the YJ Yulong v2 M and it feels great!)
I’m not sure if they have the Half-Bright colour scheme tho.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I second the Yu**** V2M series from YJ. I have the 2 and 3 and they're very, very nice! And I hear good things about the 4 and the 7 too. Not sure if there's a 6 out already.

Alternately, you could consider this exposure therapy and buy completely different cubes and try and lesson your OCD, but don't do this unless you discuss it with a therapist.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with everyone above. The YJ series is great and cheap. The Yuxin Little Magic series is also definitely worth having a look at.

There are a LOT of great options available. There is definitely something for everyone.

Pascal-NL

Alternately, you could consider this exposure therapy and buy completely different cubes and try and lesson your OCD, but don't do this unless you discuss it with a therapist.

Nah, to much hassle. I embrace my OCD :)

I am looking for the best place to buy the cubes. China is probably the cheapest option and for me the Netherlands is the fastest.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
China is cheapest but you can get taxed for packages over 22 euros. And if you want 6 cubes, it'll quickly go over that.
Cubediction.com is very good, Dutch, but doesn't have all the latest stuff or a big selection.
Speedcube.nl is very expensive.
Kubuswinkel.nl is expensive too.

If you can be patient, you could use cubezz.com and just order 3 times a few days apart, so you don't have to pay shipping. But they don't have 5x5x5 and up listed in their store, so you have to contact them through email and order the cubes that way.

YongJun YuPo Magnetic 2x2x2 Speed Cube Stickerless 5.99 USD with free shipping
YongJun YuLong V2 M 3x3x3 Magnetic Magic Cube Stickerless 7.15 USD with free shipping
YongJun YuSu V2 M 4x4x4 Magnetic Magic Cube Stickerless 10.55 USD with free shipping
YongJun YuChuang M 5x5x5 (Stickerless): 11.55USD with free shipping
YongJun YuFu V2 M 7x7x7(Black & Stickerless): 15.55USD with free shipping

Unfortunately there's no 6x6x6 in this series yet.

The Yuxin Little Magic series has everything.
YuXin Little Magic 2x2x2 Stickerless Magic Cube
YuXin Little Magic 3x3x3 Stickerless Magic Cube
YuXin Little Magic M 4x4x4 Magnetic Magic Cube Stickerless
YuXin Little Magic M SQ-1 Magnetic Magic Cube Stickerless
YuXin Little Magic Skewb Stickerless Cube
YuXin Little Magic Pyraminx Stickerless Magic Cube
YuXin Zhi-Sheng LITTLE MAGIC Stickerless Megaminx

And for the bigger cubes:
YuXin Little Magic M Magnetic 5x5x5 (stickerless): 14.99USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic 6x6x6 (stickerless): 11.55USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic 7x7x7 (stickerless): 12.55USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic M Magnetic 7x7x7 (stickerless): 20.99USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic 8x8x8 (stickerless): 26.99USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic 9x9x9 (stickerless): 31.99USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic 10x10x10 (stickerless): 41.99USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic 11x11x11 (stickerless): 71.99USD with free shipping
YuXin Little Magic 12x12x12 (stickerless): 85.99USD with free shipping

Pascal-NL

Aaah my thread is moved to here :) I should had go with my first thought.

Thank you Ruud. Your information is very helpfull.

I already noticed speedcube.nl and kubuswinkel.nl are expensive. And you always have to pay shipping even dough I am in the same country while shipping from China is free.

I will take a look at cubezz.com. Thanks.

GAN 356 X

Should I get the TengYun 2x2, valk 2m, or Gan 251. I could also get a yupo v2m as I do really like this cube and wait till my first comp in epping, and try out several cubes there. What do you guys think?

Also, has there much of a difference between the valk 2m and the valk 2lm?