• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

Puzzle to Remove: none
Puzzle to Add: yuxin little magic 2x2
Reason: cheaper than the YJ YuPo v2 M, but still good for beginners. Corner cuts better than the qiyi qidi s.

Puzzle to Remove: yj mgc 3x3
Puzzle to Add: yuxin little magic M 3x3
Reason: yuxin little magic M 3x3 is a solid choice for beginners since it is cheap and it is a stable cube. It corner cuts well.

Puzzle to Remove: qiyi mini wuque m
Puzzle to Add: moyu meilong M 4x4, yuxin little magic M 4x4
Reason: cheaper, new, great

Puzzle to Remove: moyu aochuang gts M, qiyi wushuang M
Puzzle to Add: Valk 5 M
Reason: best 5x5, good corner cut

Puzzle to Remove: MoFang JiaoShi MF7S 7x7, QiYi QiXing 7x7
Puzzle to Add: cyclone boys G7, yuxin little magic 7x7
Reason: cyclone boys G7 has less catches. yuxin little magic 7x7 is good option for cubers who want to try 7x7. link to a budget 7x7 comparison video here by Coach TabeCubing

Puzzle to Remove: yuxin hays 7
Puzzle to Add: yuxin little magic M 7x7
Reason: cheaper, and it is magnetic.

Puzzle to Remove: hays 7 M, X-man spark
Puzzle to Add: X-man spark M
Reason: it is the best option, although it is so expensive.

Puzzle to Remove: qiyi qifa s
Puzzle to Add: none
Reason: it strips.

Puzzle to Remove: X-man Volt
Puzzle to Add: Yuxin little magic M square-1
Reason: faster, "fully" magnetic.

Puzzle to Add: yuxin little magic v2 megaminx
Reason: also a good budget megaminx. It has ridges which helps a lot on grip.

Puzzle to Add: gan megaminx
Reason: it is one of the best megaminx. Light weight.

Puzzle to Remove: qiyi qicheng skewb
Puzzle to Add: cyclone boys magnetic skewb
Reason: cheap and magnetic, performs very well.

Puzzle to Add: yuxin Huang Long M pyraminx
Reason: not the best, but still great.
Hays is supposed to be better then the YLM M, lots of people still prefer the volt for squan, and why the heck would you remove the auchoung for 5x5? Stop making this about what you think is best, and make it about the the community thinks is best.

listere

There are plenty of 3x3s between $2.99 and $24.99, maybe pick one in the $10-15 range for "great"? I would also strongly suggest a cheaper option for "great" 5x5. Maybe the Yuxin Purple?
Perhaps as a "cheap" one people could buy the MF5S. I have one and it feels a hell lot nicer than the Mf4S

icarneiro

hey guys, as I started speedcubing 4 months ago, I'm new to this universe, and I don't have a good 5x5 cube yet , just a cheap and bad one.

I am willing to pay high, and would like to buy the best, or among the best three 5x5 cubes magnetics on the market, but I don't know the best cubes.

What are your recommendations? Tks

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I love cube boxes. I even kept my Qiyi qidi box and my x-man wingy skewb box. What annoys me about x-man products is that they don't have fancy boxes!
The only boxes so far that I threw out have been doubles and the WeiPo box. One one side I regret throwing out my WeiPo box, on the other side I'm debating throwing out my WeiPo too.

Arrowtlz

So I agree completely with the little mag, and mf3rs2 for 3x3 budget but one thing that gets me is the great. The yj mgc is alright and it could work for some ppl, but overall most people dont have the buggest pull towards it. A cube that should for sure go in great should be mf3rs2m. Its just as good as the most expensive cubes, and should be in that spot. You can keep mgc but for the love of god pls add mf3rs2m. Lol

Iwannaganx

I'm lookin for a new 3x3, I've got $$, but I don't particularly like the WRM or GTS3M. Or the 354. And I'm not allowed to buy a gan x. (Too expensive)
I was looking at maybe a tenyun or gan air sm? What do you guys think?

And for 2x2 expert I really really like the 251, better than the valk 2. What do you guys think?

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm lookin for a new 3x3, I've got $$, but I don't particularly like the WRM or GTS3M. Or the 354. And I'm not allowed to buy a gan x. (Too expensive)
I was looking at maybe a tenyun or gan air sm? What do you guys think?

And for 2x2 expert I really really like the 251, better than the valk 2. What do you guys think?
Tengyun
Do you like the 51 millimeter size? If so, than 251 could be good. I personally am fine with smaller 2x2, I main a Weipo M, I think the Weipo WRM is excellent. I don’t have one yet though:( I would make sure I really like the 251 because it is really expensive, and there are many cheaper, smaller options.
Maybe wait for Gan XS to see price?

Last edited:

Iwannaganx

Tengyun
Do you like the 51 millimeter size? If so, than 251 could be good. I personally am fine with smaller 2x2, I main a Weipo M, I think the Weipo WRM is excellent. I don’t have one yet though:( I would make sure I really like the 251 because it is really expensive, and there are many cheaper, smaller options.
Maybe wait for Gan XS to see price?
Oh I meant for 2x2 expert, not for me just yet. I'm happy for now with my yupo.
And yeah, but the xs is gonna be a bazzilon dollars. But I guess I'll wait...