• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

Ethan128

I think you should make the little magic m 5x5 for the great 5x5, it's peformance is really and costs the same as the yuxin.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I have made tons of threads with polls for cubers to vote. My list is based on the poll results.
Hello,
This issue is this: say a new budget puzzles come out tomorrow, do we add it or not to the recommended list? You'd have to create yet a new poll, so that method isn't super effective. Plus it is only works if people vote and we don't want 50 new polls being created every month as new puzzles come out. There must be a more effective way to handle this.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
just add choices to the polls when new cubes come out.
What if someone already voted but prefers the new choice? It isn't super practical. Another alternative is to just make general judgements of what should be suggested. It doesn't need to be perfect - the goal is to provide a useful guide for people who aren't up to date on the latest hardware but want to buy a new puzzle.

Ash Black

WCA
2017BLAC06
YouTube
Visit Channel
What if someone already voted but prefers the new choice? It isn't super practical. Another alternative is to just make general judgements of what should be suggested. It doesn't need to be perfect - the goal is to provide a useful guide for people who aren't up to date on the latest hardware but want to buy a new puzzle.
i think there's a "change vote" option after you cast your vote

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good to hear! The aosu is still nice, can't imagine how great a new 4x4 will feel. I'm still not sure which one to get though, as I understand the wuque is a bit on the slow side but has better corner cutting, while its the other way around with the moyu. No clue about valk 4

Haven't tried it. The wuque is better then the GTS2 M though (imo)

Good to hear! The aosu is still nice, can't imagine how great a new 4x4 will feel. I'm still not sure which one to get though, as I understand the wuque is a bit on the slow side but has better corner cutting, while its the other way around with the moyu. No clue about valk 4
You need to compress the fittings on it. Once you do though MY GOD IS IT GOOD. (Get the cubicle labs version, not angstrom(

I was thinking of getting the angstrom wuque, now I'm not so sure anymore :/
Sorry if I came across wrong. IT IS STILL A GREAT CUBE. I just think a spring compression is necessary for the wuque (like how you need to change the springs in a yuxin red 6x6), because the wuque is usually a slow cube.

Note: after the mod, the outer layers WILL BE very unstable and loose. You will need to put in some heavy lube (weight 3 or higher), but that will require additional break-in. If you do not want to deal with the extra hassle, get the angstrom. It is much better out-of-the-box then the cubicle labs version.

However, like anything with cubes these days, it is mostly personal prefence.

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I
Sorry if I came across wrong. IT IS STILL A GREAT CUBE. I just think a spring compression is necessary for the wuque (like how you need to change the springs in a yuxin red 6x6), because the wuque is usually a slow cube.

Note: after the mod, the outer layers WILL BE very unstable and loose. You will need to put in some heavy lube (weight 3 or higher), but that will require additional break-in. If you do not want to deal with the extra hassle, get the angstrom. It is much better out-of-the-box then the cubicle labs version.

However, like anything with cubes these days, it is mostly personal prefence.

I heard about the unstable outer layers after the mod, it's partially why I'd like to get the angstrom since it has stronger magnets. I'm sure I could still compress the springs if I felt I need to, and the magnets would help keep it more stable. At least that's how I imagine it.

Kristapsas

Lads Im really hoping you can give me a good recommendation. So basically I want a 3x3 thats fast , controllable ,smooth , very light magneted (like the mf3rs3m), great m slices. The weak magnets are a priority for me cause I recently bought an air sm and Im incredibly disspleased, the turning requires way too much effort for my turning style. My budget is up to 40 euros

Last edited:

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lads Im really hoping you can give me a good recommendation. So basically I want a 3x3 thats fast , controllable ,smooth , very light magneted (like the mf3rs3m), great m slices. The weak magnets are a priority for me cause I recently bought an air sm and Im incredibly disspleased, the turning requires way too much effort for my turning style. My budget is up to 40 euros
Moyu WRM. It fits all your criteria. You can win one on the Discord server for this forum!