• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

L

lucarubik

if suggestions include suggestions about the content not just about the form, i like the gan 354/356 sm much better than the gts 3m and pros seem to agree with me although that might be a sponsorship thing
if they don't or this is not the way to give them, sorry :3

Hazel

Premium Member
if suggestions include suggestions about the content not just about the form, i like the gan 354/356 sm much better than the gts 3m and pros seem to agree with me although that might be a sponsorship thing
There's many options for expert 3x3s - I personally like the GTS3 so much more than those GAN cubes.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
The only way for us to really make a decision on what to recommend is to discuss things like this. For Expert level there is no 1 size fits all - hence why many top cubers use different cubes at Expert. The idea of the thread is to generally provide people with suggestions of cubes to get.

L

lucarubik

The only way for us to really make a decision on what to recommend is to discuss things like this. For Expert level there is no 1 size fits all - hence why many top cubers use different cubes at Expert. The idea of the thread is to generally provide people with suggestions of cubes to get.
im not sure if you are inviting people to discuss about it or saying that its probably better to put both
im just one person but i would be so sad if i had to trust this thread as it is, i have 5 cubes and the gts 3 is not even top 3
im afraid gan isnt there just because its a bit more expensive? Idk to me its mindblowing

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
im not sure if you are inviting people to discuss about it or saying that its probably better to put both
im just one person but i would be so sad if i had to trust this thread as it is, i have 5 cubes and the gts 3 is not even top 3
im afraid gan isnt there just because its a bit more expensive? Idk to me its mindblowing
For 3x3 Expert, your vote is for the 354/356 sm instead of the GTS 3? Is that correct?

The YuXin Little Magic 3x3 is up to 4.99 again on the cubicle.
It would still be a good budget cube nonetheless. Unless you now think that another cube should replace it?

L

lucarubik

For 3x3 Expert, your vote is for the 354/356 sm instead of the GTS 3? Is that correct?

It would still be a good budget cube nonetheless. Unless you now think that another cube should replace it?
very correct

WCA
2017WENR01
Great 3x3: Mojue M3
Personally I am a big fan of the mojue. It has very good anti pop, anti twist and reverse cut. The only drawbacks is rather deformable and can't forward cut over 50.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
It's still the best budget cube. Just the price needs updating. :)
Updated.

very correct
Added the Gan 354 M to the Expert 3x3.

LOOOOLLL THERE IS ONLY ONE CLOCK
Can you recommend others?

Personally I am a big fan of the mojue. It has very good anti pop, anti twist and reverse cut. The only drawbacks is rather deformable and can't forward cut over 50.
Added the MoJue M3 to 3x3 Great.

pratik khanna

get
3x3- valk power m
or wait for gan 356X
5x5 - moyu aochuang m
7x7 - hays 7 m
and keep watching unboxings of cubers and see thier views on it

Reactions: pjk

PianoCube

Added, let me know of any others you'd recommend, thanks.

Zcube.vip
Super cheap, particularly as a VIP member (given to anyone who has spent more than ~$45 there) and with the discount code "sale". Significantly cheaper than CubeZZ in the long run if you buy a decent amount of cubes, and save up to buy several cubes at once instead of one at the time.

It's located in China while I'm in Europe, but it has been my shop of choice for the past 1.5 years now because of the prices.

Reactions: pjk

Galcor117

Excuse me how is the mojue relevant anymore
A MF3RS2 is better for less

Bui An

For 3x3:
Add mf3rs2 for the budget version because it is undeniable how that cube perfrom
I dont think you should recommend mojue when no one even sells it? It is better to list magnetised version of mf3rs2 and yuxin little magic

For 4x4: aosu gts2m can now compete with wuque m

same with 5x5 now there is aochuang gtsm. Max Park uses it so it should be considered as good http://instagr.am/p/Bo0wAwzBTFV/
For budget 6x6 I think yuxin little magic is way better than cyclone boys G6

Galcor117

Zcube.vip
Super cheap, particularly as a VIP member (given to anyone who has spent more than ~$45 there) and with the discount code "sale". Significantly cheaper than CubeZZ in the long run if you buy a decent amount of cubes, and save up to buy several cubes at once instead of one at the time.

It's located in China while I'm in Europe, but it has been my shop of choice for the past 1.5 years now because of the prices.
Is shipping free?
(To US buyers)
How long does it take to arrive?