• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

povlhp

Tornado v2 is disputed. Some love it some hate it.
Meilong 3M is IMHO the best of the $3 magnetic cubes. Like it over the stock RS3M 2020. Have multiple of both. Meilong is less noisy and I use it at work.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
My personal experience is that the tengyun v1 is good for algs due to being flexible and forgiving but not stable or controllable due to the incredibly weak magnets. I would recommend WRM 2021 or 2020 or maglev or maybe even a little magic m (debatable) for most cubers.
also I don't think anyone uses the Hays anymore. and the valk2 is out of production and getting harder to find
@pjk if you want the page to be community editable, again have you thought about a wiki page? otherwise I can give some suggestions here

Also it cannot be emphasized enough that "budget" 2x2 and 3x3 hardware is much more usable than "budget" 4x4 and above.

UncleFrank

what about the cubershome rsm3m vs the mgc evo? (the wrm is out of stock)
Is there a big difference between the CH version and the original?
The CH RS3M is just the regular RS3M with the CubersHome core magnet kit pre-installed.

Caden Fisher

WCA
2022FISH12
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello. I currently have 2x2-5x5, pyra, mega, skewb, squan, and various non WCA cubes. I want to get a clock. I cant afford the Qiyi clock (I’m 14) and so it’s between the ShengShou and LingAo. I think the ShengShou is better from what I heard. Should I go with it? The two are the same price on The Cubicle.